For over a century, The Neiman Marcus Group has stayed focused on serving the unique needs of the luxury market. Today, that commitment is stronger than ever. The company has stayed true to the principles of its founders - to be recognized as the premier luxury retailer dedicated to providing our customers with distinctive merchandise and superior service. The Neiman Marcus Group is comprised of the Specialty Retail Stores division - which includes Neiman Marcus Stores and Bergdorf Goodman - and the Direct Marketing division, Neiman Marcus Direct. These brands offer upscale assortments of apparel, accessories, jewelry, beauty, and decorative home products to the affluent consumer. The company operates 43 Neiman Marcus Stores across the United States and two Bergdorf Goodman stores in Manhattan. The company also operates 5 last call clearance centers. These store operations total more than six million gross square feet. Neiman Marcus Direct, the company's direct-to-consumer business, conducts both print catalog and online operations under the Neiman Marcus, Horchow, Last Call, and Bergdorf Goodman brand names. Today, as an omni-channel retailer Neiman Marcus is known for the luxury merchandise in its stores, on its websites, and through the company's catalogs enabling our customers to shop anytime, anywhere, and from any place.
Neiman Marcus Group (NMG) is undergoing a major supply chain transformation as we invest over $85 million in supply chain innovation over the next two years, specifically in warehouse and order management system upgrades, upgrading our FC network and material handling network, and increasing the size, speed, capacity, and efficiency of our remaining distribution centers.
Neiman Marcus is seeking a proven and passionate Senior Manager, Operations at our Pittston, PA Fulfillment Center, reporting to the Sr Director.
Neiman Marcus is currently recruiting for a Senior Manager, Operations for our fulfillment center. This leader will be hands-on in a start-up environment and will build and maintain relationships with hourly associates, managers, carrier partners, vendors, other Fulfillment Center teams, and various departments in the company. This individual will be someone who likes dealing with ambiguity, change and enjoys getting into the details to drive improvements every single day.
· Build strong teams while improving procedures, metrics and processes
· Lead and supervise a team of Operation Managers and Supervisors
· Develop and administer operational procedures for perfectly executing activities for incoming and outgoing shipments, handling and disposition of products, and keeping the highest standards of inventory accuracy
· Develop and maintain a safe work environment
· Responsible for achieving all operational goals
· Drive strategic planning and forecasting
· Leverage the Operations Managers and Supervisors by sourcing and nurturing ideas, and rolling them into the creation of improvement plans for the functional area
· Mentor, train, and develop Operation Managers for career progression and learning
· Ability to develop and share best practices across the shifts and network
· Create a positive team dynamic that encourages all employees in the Fulfillment Center to provide feedback and drive change within the facility, adapt to the ever-changing business, and stay focused on the customer experience
· Drive continuous improvement to safety, quality, cost, and delivery while growing and expanding capabilities within the Fulfillment Center
· Utilize the site Warehouse Management System (WMS) to optimize perfect order fulfillment and provide operational insights to improve WMS effectiveness
· Leverage reports and analytics to make recommendations in line with business strategy and goals.
· Monitor and manage inventory levels including aging inventory, non-retail merchandise, and consolidation/re-distro activities.
· Coach, hire, and retain a team of Managers and associates within each building
· Bachelor's degree in Business or related field
· 7+ years of proven and successful experience in Supply Chain knowledge and Inventory Management
· Deep knowledge of distribution, transportation, and supplier manufacturing principles
· Well versed in financial metrics
· Ability to operate both strategically and tactically in a high-energy, fast paced environment.
· Superior analytical skills, with ability to dive in and quickly understand root cause and identify scalable solutions.
· Excellent business judgment, strong written and oral communication skills, and a practical, common-sense approach to getting things done.
· High degree of organization and ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously.
· A strong sense of ownership over work and results
· Communicates effectively with all levels of the organization.
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
· Expert & high level of proficiency with Microsoft Office, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access
· Experience with Lean Principles, Labor Management and Manhattan WMS
· 10+ years of operational leadership experience in the Supply Chain field
· Oversee Inventory of $500m+
· Proficient at forecasting models, budget planning
· Manhattan Active WM experience
Position requires 20-30% travel