The Quality Assurance Inspector is responsible for performing inspections of client owned serviced merchandise that includes jewelry, silver goods, holloware, watches, clocks, leather goods, engraving and sunglasses using established standards and specifications. They are responsible for documenting and communicating inspection results to the Repair Services team as well as Operations staff within the TSC to ensure final servicing quality meets the client's expectations. Inspectors will assist in communication of issues and solutions to ensure high quality results and optimum service levels. The QA Inspector will also participate in training of new team members. What You'll Do:
- Perform inspections on serviced new and client owned merchandise (COM) using the established COM Repair Standards. Record the pertinent details of each inspection using detailed knowledge and expertise of the business. Provide detailed inspection results to technicians to result in servicing that meets standards. Inspect gemstones to evaluate against standards to TCO guidelines.
- Physically and systematically manage the work flow of orders through the department. Work with team mates to review incoming merchandise and provide direction on next steps that includes prioritizing client due dates, inspection needs and solutions to ensure accurate completion.
- Accurately maintain department systematic records and reports to capture inspection results and trends. Partner with technicians and management to identify methods to improve overall servicing quality.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum 4 years' of jewelry experience
- Completion of Graduate Gemology degree or completion of GIA courses
- Previous Quality Assurance experience
- Previous microscope experience
- Ability to work using microscope for extended periods
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook
- Flexible work schedule and ability to work overtime when as needed, including possible weekends
- Customer Service orientation
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Strong English language verbal and written communication skills
- Undergraduate degree
- Proficiency with any of the following: JDE One World, E1 and Business Objects
- Knowledge in AS400, MIPS, POS or Compass
- Demonstrated ability to identify and provide resolution for areas of improvement
- Tiffany & Co. product knowledge
The hiring range for this position ranges from $24 - $33/hr. The rate of pay offered will be dependent upon candidates' relevant skills and experience.