The Analyst, Trade & Logistics - NLBV supports the trade & logistics functions for the European Global Distribution Center (EUGDC) based in the Netherlands. This role requires the combination of both customs and logistics knowledge to meet the wider Tiffany business goal of becoming the next generation luxury jeweller.
The Analyst, Trade & Logistics - NLBV is responsible for the customs compliance of the EUGDC and will own the technical processes required to utilize Free Trade Agreements and maintain Approved Exporter status.
Additionally, the candidate will work to optimize the logistics network by balancing the compliance, cost and speed of shipments moving in and out of the following business locations in EMEA:
· A Netherlands Distribution Centre that supports supplier product receipts, retail store allocations, digital sales, and after-sales servicing for the region
· 50+ retail stores across 14+ Markets
· Multiple corporate offices
He/she represents Global Trade & Logistics (GTL) interests and partners with the business for projects taking place in the EMEA region. He/She will also work closely with the Global Customs & Trade Center of Excellence (COE) as the point person for relevant data, process and dashboard projects in EMEA. He/She makes decisions with imperfect information, believes strongly in the concept of Continuous Improvement, is willing to unblock issues, and critically, use the experience to improve the process that led to such blockages in the first place.
The Analyst, Trade & Logistics - NLBV reports to the Manager, Global Customs COE and is supported by dotted line peers in the markets as well as the Business Partnering teams. Key Accountabilities: Strategic Trade Compliance and Transaction Efficiency (40%) -
Actively partner the Center of Excellence team to develop & implement globally consistent methods of assigning, capturing and analysing data for both customs and logistics areas. Current highlights of this accountability include:
· Develop, implement, and maintain an import & export compliance program for the newly created Tiffany Logistics NL BV.
· Partner with Strategic Sourcing teams and EU manufacturers to determine origin and qualify preferential treatment of all goods made in the EU through review of raw materials, parts, semi-finished and finished products.
· Maintain the ERP systems with of (preferential) origin for each article at the SKU/item level.
· Verify, monitor, and maintain long term suppliers' declarations or origin.
- Regularly review reports to detect material master data issues that pose customs risks in high-risk countries in EMEA
· Accurately classify & assign HS code logic rules to the GTL Center of Excellence for new and existing products. Review brokers' entries and Finance background tables to validate that consistent HS codes are utilised.
· Contribute to timely and accurate inputs of Most Favoured Nation (MFN) duty rates, FTA network and FTA rates to the GTL Center of Excellence team
· Regularly review shipments and store addresses stored in various Tiffany systems to reflect new, closed and relocated stores. This involves understanding the nuances of consolidation addresses and providing correct shipment addresses for different situations.
· Contribute to the EMEA Sharepoint site to promote real-time knowledge sharing, and decision-making based on common set of facts Day-to-Day Supply Chain Efficiency (40%)
- Actively manage shipments and enable data-based decision-making in the organization. Current highlights of this accountability include:
· Responsible for issuing origin declarations in conjunction with export shipments to EU FTA countries
· Partner with Supply Chain teams for high-profile jewelry movements, balancing the trade-off between duty cost and speed
· Partner with Creative and Store Development teams to unblock problematic shipments into the EMEA. This will involve the proactive research of HS codes and import licensing requirements.
· Collaborate with retail stores, manufacturing sites, offices and Distribution Centers to coax staff out of costly, inefficient and incorrect shipping behaviours
· Work with digital sales teams, logistics providers, & forwarder partners to ensure the Company's delivery proposition to customers & stores are realized
· Develop easily maintained key performance indicators for the review of carrier and customs broker performance. Participate in regular business reviews with service providers to discover and action improvements Customs Compliance (20%)
- Defend the reputation of Tiffany by working with the GTL Center of Excellence team to enhance customs compliance with the least possible operational burden. Current highlights of this accountability include:
· Represent the organization with Customs and related government agencies to maintain ongoing relations, respond to government inquiries and address issues that are above and beyond day-to-day transactions.
· Maintain trade records in accordance with customs regulations.
· Support the organization in customs audit resolution and voluntary disclosures as needed
Conduct proactive customs compliance auditing & assessments.
· Escalate technical issues that may expose the company to material risks or lead to cost savings opportunities.
· Improve awareness of CITES, customs valuation, classification, and origin concepts among Tiffany colleagues located in stores and offices Qualifications:
· Subject Matter expertise in relevant areas of trade compliance (free trade agreements, classification, valuation, export and import authorizations, country of origin, rules of origin, etc.) is required.
· 2+ years of direct experience in free trade agreement business process support.
· 4-6 years of logistics and customs experience in multi-country environment.
· Bachelor's degree, preferably with a numerical emphasis
· Experience in working on projects with tight timelines, without daily supervision
· Excellent IT skills, demonstrating a strong desire to "self-service" and learn new systems, rather than relying on others to extract data
· Able to deal with uncertainty and make decisions based on best available info
· Strong interpersonal skills, with a genuine interest in working across cultures and pre-empting "lost-in-translation" situations