Ralph Lauren Corporation (NYSE:RL) is a global leader in the design, marketing and distribution of premium lifestyle products in five categories: apparel, accessories, home, fragrances, and hospitality. For more than 50 years, Ralph Lauren's reputation and distinctive image have been consistently developed across an expanding number of products, brands and international markets. The Company's brand names, which include Ralph Lauren, Ralph Lauren Collection, Ralph Lauren Purple Label, Polo Ralph Lauren, Double RL, Lauren Ralph Lauren, Polo Ralph Lauren Children, Chaps, among others, constitute one of the world's most widely recognized families of consumer brands. At Ralph Lauren, we unite and inspire the communities within our company as well as those in which we serve by amplifying voices and perspectives to create a culture of belonging, ensuring inclusion, and fairness for all. We foster a culture of inclusion through: Talent, Education & Communication, Employee Groups and Celebration.
Directly responsible for ensuring the smooth running of the administrative/operational areas of the store.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
* Directly responsible for the operations of the store ensuring that the business is run effectively and Company initiatives are executed in a timely manner.
* Store areas of responsibility include but are not limited to: Stock Room & Inventory, Call Center, Alterations and celebrity loans.
* Responsible for controlling all budgets and store controllable expenses, ensure expenses are in-line with budget including collection of alterations income.
* Liaise with corporate finance offices to facilitate and coordinate expense issues as they arise.
* Negotiate contracts with vendors. Process all bills and submit for payment on a timely basis and ensure proper expense allocation.
* Maintain all systems of the store, liaison with corporate to repair, replace and update systems in conjunction with our facilities systems.
* Maintain and develop inventory controls to ensure accuracy and integrity of inventory. Act as a liaison for store inventories in conjunction with General Manager.
* Maintain all systems of the store, liaison with corporate to repair, replace, and update systems in conjunction with the facilities hotline.
* Assess store's interior and exterior, monitoring and address repair, presentation and safety issues.
Experience, Skills & Knowledge
* College Degree or equivalent experience
* 3-5 years of relevant operations experience within retail. Knowledge of inventory planning.
* Ability to develop effective relationships, provide leadership and motivates individuals towards profitability objectives.
* Strategically aligns the operational goals with those of the business.
* Strong project management experience.
* Strong communication and inter-personal skills.
* Must be able to work shift standing and walking and able to lift approx. 20 lbs.
* Must be able to pack, unpack and move stock when supporting in receiving / stocking store functions.