About Rosewood Hotel Group
Rosewood Hotel Group is one of the world’s leading global lifestyle and hospitality management groups. It encompasses four brands: ultra-luxury Rosewood Hotels & Resorts®; upper-upscale New World Hotels & Resorts; Asaya, an integrated well-being concept; and Carlyle & Co., a modern and progressive private members club. Its combined portfolio consists of more than 42 properties in 20 countries with an additional 30 currently under development. The group’s foundation is its commitment to “Relationship Hospitality” – a belief that true hospitality springs from the nurturing and building of strong and lasting relationships with fellow associates, guests, partners and the communities in which its businesses operate.
The CRM team recognizes and nurtures our clients and communities. The team ensures we curate the most exceptional experiences that are customized to guest preferences, going above and beyond to exceed customer expectations. The team closely collaborates with and educates all functions across the business to ensure efforts are delivered with the customer experience in mind, guided by our philosophy of Relationship Hospitality.
Impact of this role
The Vice President, CRM provides strategic leadership and global oversight to Rosewood Hotel Group’s CRM platform, customer experience, customer data & insights, clienteling capabilities, lifecycle communications and membership programming as well as engagement events. This role will collaborate closely with Digital, Commercial, Operations and IT departments, while being a customer advocate and architect to deliver “on-brand”, exceptional customer experiences across Rosewood Hotel Group and enhance the lifetime value of a guest.
- Set vision and design CRM strategy, leveraging and uniting a complex, multi-functional team. Establish clear targets, guidelines and protocols with clear capabilities for measurement for CRM to track against performance and progress. Collaborate with the digital, IT, Commercial and Operations team to drive CRM initiatives across the group and ensure practices are aligned with business function needs.
- Develop a clear, complete experience-map throughout the customer lifecycle to be used as a reference point for all customer activities Form and nurture partnerships within the organization to educate and train businesses in understanding CRM and how to leverage the function to drive business success. Lead external agency partnerships and discussions to support the management of various initiatives in each function. Lead the strategy and implementation for Affinity and support the development of all training tools for global roll out. Lead the Rosewood Reserve membership program with the Residences team and develop the membership strategy and guest journey.
- Build the strategy to recognize and build relationships and personalize communications with our most valued guests. Lead the strategy and implementation of lifecycle communications and optimize programs and offers to increase frequency and spend. Lead and build a robust client engagement plan through programming and events. Lead the VIP Clienteling strategy and develop training content/philosophy to educate associates on approach and style to clienteling. Lead and build a roadmap to consolidate, review, segment and manage customer data from F&B, Wellness, and Rooms across the group.
- Understand needs and briefs from across all business units to deliver data analytics insights which support strategic decisions. Introduce and integrate brand partnerships to improve acquisition and retention to support Affinity programming and services. Align with IT the technology roadmap to support strategic projects. Understand and keep abreast of market trends, technology and practices to ensure we are leveraging the best knowledge to deliver against business targets. Oversee the measurement and audits of all CRM related activities, devise learning plans and support systems to ensure sound execution on the ground.
Required Skills & Qualifications
- Strategic thinking, with strong problem solving and organizational skills. Strong clienteling and client engagement capabilities; ability to systematically build communities and social network. Programming design and project management in the context of event production and management. Understanding of digital platforms (AWS highly desirable).
- Understanding of data analytics and leveraging insight to inform strategic decisions. Track record of architecting customer journeys in a highly matrixed organization. Analytical mindset and problem-solving capabilities. Influencing skills and ability to lead change management. Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills (internal and external).
- Operational know-how particularly in the field of customer experience and/or service industries. Bachelor’s degree in business, hotel management, or a relevant discipline. Deep knowledge in the CRM field with a minimum 10 years of experience in a leadership capacity, experience in Luxury Retail an advantage.