If you've got technical expertise of Furniture, a keen analytical mind and the ability to manage the technical development of new product, then you'll absolutely want to keep on reading.The role...
You'll be working closely alongside the Home product teams, using your extensive technical knowledge of Furniture and skills to provide support and ensure product development is meeting the business's standards for quality and value - as well as adhering to legal and industry standards.
Working with some amazing brands... MADE, Laura Ashley, Rockett St. George, Jasper Conran you'll play a key role at every stage of the process, from planning and managing the technical development of new furniture products and ranges through to developing that range along the technical critical path.
You'll also take responsibility for analysing product test data, to approving the range, before working with the Home product team to progress development and agree a critical path. Finally you'll ensure we are prepared for launch and that all areas of the business receive the necessary samples and information.
You'll also carefully manage new products in-season, following up with issues, analysing returns data and carrying out store visits and supplier factory evaluations.About you...
You'll have a wealth of technical knowledge of Furniture and the ability to communicate it in a clear and compelling way across the business. You'll also be highly analytical and able to accurately interpret data from across the business.
A natural problem solver, you'll be able to make a logical and inventive contribution to the design and development process, as well as expertly managing the technology critical path for development. You'll also have a keen eye for detail and be able to ensure the quality and compliance of all products.Skills and/or qualifications:
- Applied technical knowledge of Furniture construction and performance.
- Highly organised with good prioritisation skills.
- Confident and clear communication skills; both verbal and written to work productively alongside product teams and external suppliers.
- Product manufacturing experience is an advantage.
You know Next, but did you know we're a FTSE-100 retail company employing over 35,000 people across the UK and Ireland. We're the UK's 2nd largest fashion retailer and for Kidswear we're the market leader. At the last count we have over 500 stores, plus the Next Online and it's now possible to buy on-line from over 70 countries around the world! So we've gone global!About some of our Benefits
- 25% off a huge selection of Next, Lipsy & Victoria's Secret products
- Company performance based bonus
- Sharesave scheme
- On-site Nursery available; OFSTED outstanding in all areas
- 10% off most partner brands & up to 15% off Branded Beauty
- Early VIP access to sale stock
- Access to fantastic discounts at our Staff Shops
- Subsidised restaurant, coffee shop and juice bar
- Access a 24/7 digital GP and other free health and wellbeing services
- Free on-site parking