This is a unique opportunity to join the newly created Global Trade Compliance team at On and to work on a wide range of topics such as origin management, customs valuation, compliance & processes, master data & systems, and much more. As a member of the Trade Compliance team, you will work closely with the Customs Operations teams and with various cross-functional teams to manage trade activities and ensure compliance. As a fast growing company, we are in a constant state of creativity looking out for new challenges and new lines of business. As part of the ON team it is expected that you are open to new tasks and support the company in its mission.
- Be the first point of contact at On for Trade Compliance-related request and carry out first instance research related to trade compliance
- Set up and maintain the Trade & Customs Compliance programme at On. This will include drafting guidelines, processes and controls to assure compliance throughout the supply chain while maintaining seamless operations
- Support our periodic customs data assessments and lead the implementation of the recommendations related to this analysis
- Monitor our customs duty management programme and drive cost-saving measures to achieve duty targets
- Coordinate our customs valuation programmes & the calculation of additions to value
- Own master data & systems topics related to customs together with our Tariff Classification Specialist & Customs Operations team
- Be the Trade Compliance representative and provide inputs in cross-functional teams that implement new global or regional projects, prepare to enter new markets, or create new logistic set ups
- Coordinate and support global trade compliance activities, including reviews, internal & external audits, and monitoring, to mitigate risk and ensure regulatory compliance
- Monitor and analyse changes to global trade regulations that may impact the business
- Prior professional experience in a Trade Compliance role, e.g. origin management & customs valuation
- A degree specific to this role would be an asset, for example international trade law or comparable
- Passionate about trade and able to translate that passion into creating awareness for trade compliance across the business
- Excellent communication skills, and capability of explaining complex technical issues to non-experts
- You enjoy sharing your knowledge, training others, exploring new topics, and engaging as a team to solve problems
- Able to engage with and manage key stakeholders, and to collaborate with multinational, cross-functional teams
- A growth mindset, and a strong sense of responsibility
- Self-directed, proactive, and able to adapt to change
- You take pride in your ability to manage a wide range of cross-functional projects while always delivering the WOW
Meet The Team
Join us and be part of our forward-thinking and action-orientated international finance team. We constantly strive to handle growth and to shape tomorrow's best-practices by thinking differently, acting cross-functionally and making use of the latest technology. We live agile values, not just talk about it.
What We Offer
On is a place that is centered around growth and progress. We offer an environment designed to give people the tools to develop holistically - to stay active, to learn, explore and innovate. Our distinctive approach combines a supportive, team-oriented atmosphere, with access to personal self-care for both physical and mental well-being, so each person is led by purpose.
On is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to creating a work environment that is fair and inclusive, where all decisions related to recruitment, advancement, and retention are free of discrimination.