L’AGENCE, an upscale contemporary fashion brand, is looking for an organized enthusiastic Creative Assistant with a strong work ethic. L’AGENCE is distributed globally to retailers such as Nordstrom, Sak’s 5th Avenue, Neiman Marcus, Bergdorf Goodman, Shopbop, Revolve, Harrod’s, Net-A-Porter, as well as lagence.com, and our retail stores on Melrose Place, Madison Avenue and Beverly Hills.
Creative Art Department Assistant Role:
We are seeking a highly motivated and talented individual to join our fashion company as a Creative Assistant. In this entry-level role, you will work closely with our Art Director and creative team to support the development and execution of captivating visual content. The ideal candidate will possess a strong interest in fashion, exceptional organizational skills, and a keen eye for creativity. This is an excellent opportunity to gain hands-on experience while contributing to the growth and success of L’AGENCE.
Based in Los Angeles Showroom. Reports to Senior Creative Manager.
- Support the creative team in the development and execution of engaging visual content, including but not limited to mood boards, lookbooks, editorial campaigns, and social media assets. Assist stylists to prep and steam looks as well as dress models on set.
- Sample management: Receive and organize incoming product samples, ensuring they are properly labeled and tracked.
- Maintain an accurate and up-to-date inventory of all samples.
- Assist in the coordination of photoshoots, including location scouting, prop selection, and model casting.
- Contribute creative ideas and suggestions during brainstorming sessions to enhance the overall aesthetic of our brand.
- Stay up-to-date with industry trends, competitors, and emerging technologies to provide innovative insights for future projects.
- Provide general administrative support to the creative team, such as scheduling meetings for the Art Director, managing calendars, and organizing documents.
- Run errands: Occasionally, you may be required to run errands such as picking up props, wardrobe items, or equipment from vendors.
- Weekend availability: Be willing to work on weekends when necessary, understanding that some photoshoots may be scheduled during these times.
- General understanding of Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, Acrobat) and Dropbox.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- A bachelor's degree in Fashion Design, Fine Arts, Visual Communications, or a related field is preferred.
- Strong interest in fashion, art, and design, with a keen eye for aesthetics and attention to detail.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously within tight deadlines.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to collaborate effectively in a team environment.
- Knowledge of current fashion trends, industry influencers, and emerging designers.
- Self-motivated and proactive attitude, with a willingness to learn and take on new challenges.
- Flexibility to adapt to changing priorities and work independently when needed.