Innovative, uncompromising, romantic, provocative, upholding the power of emotion and the touch of the human hand: these are all elements that describe the fashion of the house of Alexander McQueen. The brand is synonymous with modern British couture, renowned for its strong identity and celebration of unbridled creativity. Integral to the McQueen culture is the juxtaposition between contrasting elements: femininity and masculinity, fragility and strength, tradition and modernity. Under the creative direction of Sarah Burton, the house produces critically acclaimed collections, driven by unparalleled vision and respect for craftsmanship. Burton was made Head of Design for womenswear in 2000 and was appointed Creative Director in 2010. The luxury brand was founded by Lee Alexander McQueen in 1992. Among the greatest fashion designers of his time, the legacy of his work lives on. Your Opportunity
Alexander McQueen is looking for an exceptional Store Manager to lead the team of the Milan Flagship Store. How you will contribute
As the leader of a client facing team, you must be an ambassador for our brand whilst having strong commercial awareness and entrepreneurial skills to drive the Company forward.
You will be primarily responsible for the management of the store, the team and the stock. This will include team management, exceeding defined business targets whilst working within given budgets and building the brands image through sales.Sales Objectives & Targets
- Aim to exceed all sales targets set by the Company by constantly building and maintaining a strong client base.
- Analyse sales figures and CRM activity to devise and execute strategies for sales generation in order to meet monthly goals.
- Oversee in-store displays and customer events, liaising with visual merchandising and press department where necessary.
- Maintain awareness of local and luxury market trends and monitoring local competition activity.
Store Standards and Customer Care
- Lead and motivate your team by being a role model and setting an exceptional example.
- Collaborate with HR on recruitment and selection of new team members
- Support your teams development though in-store training including coordinating the on boarding of new members.
- Organize monthly check ins with members of the team to discuss performance and development, as well as mid and end year reviews
- Regularly update the team on business performance and new initiatives.
- Co-ordinate rota planning
- Adhere and reinforce the brand’s visual merchandising guidelines.
- Ensure best possible management of stores upkeep and maintenance, surveying and highlighting any necessary building work, cleaning, etc.
- Manage store operations in the most effective way whilst minimizing costs.
Your Skills and Experience
- Review seasonal orders with sales associates to ensure full merchandise potential to buying office.
- Business recap with sales associates focusing on sell through.
- Oversee store staff in order to ensure that they adhere to inventory management guidelines/practices, stocktake and consignment procedures and policies.
- Previous experience in a similar role and deep knowledge of local market.
- Strong business acumen
- Fluent in English and Italian; knowledge of other languages would be a plus.
- Ability to adapt to frequent change and a fast pace environment.
- Motivated by being a team player with a common goal.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to build and maintain relationships.
- PC Literacy, MS Office Applications and Retail systems
This is a fantastic opportunity to become part of a dynamic team with a visionary brand that offers possibilities to learn and grow. Talent development is a managerial principle at Kering and we are committed to fostering internal mobility. Our common vision promotes leadership skills and helps every employee to reach their full potential in a stimulating and fulfilling workplace environment.
Kering is committed to building a diverse workforce. We believe diversity in all its forms – gender, age, nationality, culture, religious beliefs and sexual orientation – enriches the workplace. It opens up opportunities for people to express their talent, both individually and collectively and it helps foster our ability to adapt to a changing world. As an Equal Opportunity Employer we welcome and consider applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of their background.