Ralph Lauren Corporation (NYSE:RL) is a global leader in the design, marketing and distribution of premium lifestyle products in five categories: apparel, accessories, home, fragrances, and hospitality. For more than 50 years, Ralph Lauren's reputation and distinctive image have been consistently developed across an expanding number of products, brands and international markets. The Company's brand names, which include Ralph Lauren, Ralph Lauren Collection, Ralph Lauren Purple Label, Polo Ralph Lauren, Double RL, Lauren Ralph Lauren, Polo Ralph Lauren Children, Chaps, among others, constitute one of the world's most widely recognized families of consumer brands. At Ralph Lauren, we unite and inspire the communities within our company as well as those in which we serve by amplifying voices and perspectives to create a culture of belonging, ensuring inclusion, and fairness for all. We foster a culture of inclusion through: Talent, Education & Communication, Employee Groups and Celebration.
The Lead is a key member of Global Citizenship's senior leadership team, jointly owning responsibility for delivering against an ambitious set of goals related to human rights, worker well-being and social impact in our supply chain. The Lead is our main business partner with the sourcing executives in APAC, in addition to having specific accountability for social performance in the region. The Lead is responsible for managing a local team, overseeing supplier engagement on social issues, delivering program implementation aligned with our impact goals, and supply chain due diligence for the APAC region. The role requires broad stakeholder engagement, both locally but also globally, as well as active participation and leadership in various industry initiatives to scale and sustain positive impact in collaboration with other industry partners.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
* Lead the execution of Global Citizenship goals for APAC region related to human rights, worker well-being, and social impact.
* Liaise with sourcing executives on management of supplier social performance and alignment of Global Citizenship and Sourcing strategies and approach.
* Support global and local strategy development, including recommendations on goals, deployment plans and key performance metrics.
* Build relationships with internal (business teams) and external stakeholders (labor groups, NGOs, MSIs).
* Represent the Company in external engagements that drive the team's strategy forward, including industry associations and multi-stakeholder working groups
* Drive engagement and impact delivery for our memberships such as SLCP and Better Work.
* Plan and implement action plans at a global level to enhance our risk-based due diligence program.
* Set a clear vision for the program in APAC.
* Manage and develop the APAC team to meet its full potential.
* Drive improvement in supplier performance for the APAC region by managing relations with suppliers, service providers and our business teams remotely and through onsite visits throughout the region.
* Oversee program implementation related to worker well-being, such as living wage, women's empowerment, and diversity and inclusion for suppliers in APAC.
Experience, Skills & Knowledge
* Bachelor's Degree; 10 years professional business experience, preferably in corporate social responsibility, social sustainability, human rights, or ethical trade.
* Highly proficient in executive presentation skills.
* Strategic mindset and the ability to think holistically in relation to action planning and program implementation.
* Track record on achieving results.
* Experience leading industry membership engagements (i.e., BW, SLCP).
* Experience managing a team.
* Capable of building effective relationships and successfully partnering with internal and external customers.
* Ability to work at pace with multiple stakeholders.
* Self-motivated with a proactive mindset and commitment to superior work quality and accuracy.
* Ability to handle confidential information with integrity.
* Ability to manage multiple projects and meet deliverable deadlines with attention to detail.
* Experience working in an international organization/environment preferred.
* Willing to work across different time zones globally.
* Ability to travel domestically and internationally.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills, in both Chinese and English; Mandarin speaking is a plus.
* Highly proficient in Microsoft Office: PowerPoint, Excel, & Word and willingness to supervise team in development of these skills.