At Burberry, we believe creativity opens spaces. Our purpose is to unlock the power of imagination to push boundaries and open new possibilities for our people, our customers and our communities. This is the core belief that has guided Burberry since it was founded in 1856 and is central to how we operate as a company today.
We aim to provide an environment for creative minds from different backgrounds to thrive, bringing a wide range of skills and experiences to everything we do. As a purposeful, values-driven brand, we are committed to being a force for good in the world as well, creating the next generation of sustainable luxury for customers, driving industry change and championing our communities. JOB PURPOSE
The Leathergoods Senior Product Development Manger will join the Leathergoods Product Development team based in Scandicci (Florence) RESPONSIBILITIES
- Contact with Designers
- Work closely with the designers to develop each category from initial concept through to finished product from Range plan handover.
- Ability to communicate with designers, understanding their needs and accompanying their decision-making process by providing trials, options and alternatives to assure feasibility in production, margin and quality.
- Supplier Network
- Assist with vendor allocation through knowledge of suppliers in the Italian leathergoods network, in partnership with Product development Director.
- Product Critical Path
- Ensure all RM requirements are distributed directly from the internal warehouse to supplier and manufacturers for prototypes and samples
- Implement and maintain a development critical path with manufacturers, to ensure delivery of protos and samples are on time.
- Work with costing teams and vendors to build visibility on costs for prototypes, samples and production prices for each piece of the collection
- Respond to margin requirements and targets - be aware of target costs and retails costs when developing to plan.
- To provide information and alternatives to deliver costs targets that arise during and throughout the development of the collection
- BOM Creation and Management
- Ensure all necessary data requirements are captured in system and diligent data management is adhered to.
- Give Merchandising, Press, Marketing and other relevant teams all necessary information: product codes, composition and description.
- Responsible in working alongside with QA/QC while developing the collections for product testing to relevant standards when required prior to production
- Ensuring BOMS are completed for raw material prebuys.
- Execute and plan the handover to Production of all ranges of products by ensuring all Final Product Review details are inserted in the system.
- Team development
- Effectively develop and manage a team of motivated and competent Product Developers and Development Assistant.
- Proven product development experience within the luxury business and of working in Product Development for Accessories
- Computer Literate: PLM, Sap, Excel, PowerPoint, Indesign.
- Italian speaker essential
- Able to perform under pressure in a fast growing business
- Prior solid experience in working alongside Senior designers
- Extremely organised and precise / attention to details
- Ability to multi task
- Good team player
- Ability to communicate effectively at all Executive levels.
- Adaptable to meet the ever changing demands of the business
Burberry is an Equal Opportunities Employer and as such, treats all applications equally and recruits purely on the basis of skills and experience.