Bloomingdale's makes fashion personal and fun, aspirational yet approachable. Our mission is to guide and inspire our customers to make style a source of creative energy in their lives. We will always strive to make Bloomingdale's like no other store in the world. Everyone plays a critical role to bring our mission to life. Regardless of position, we believe all colleagues have a voice and access to share their thoughts with every level of leadership. Our colleagues are passionate, driven, entrepreneurial and collaborative. We welcome and embrace diversity of background, thought and opinion while having a lot of fun along the way. Overview:
The Digital Technician/Equipment Manager oversees a team of Digital Technicians and Photo Technicians to execute photography, collaborating with Associate Creative Directors and Senior Producers to assign staff to photo sets according to talent requirements. This role manages all photo and computer equipment at both the LIC studio location and our studio in Cheshire, CT, ensuring quality and productivity goals are met.Essential Functions:
• Manage Digital Technicians and Photo Technicians team.
• Organize and maintain studio space, overseeing equipment, storage, security, and props, addressing emerging needs promptly.
• Supervise photography equipment, storage (still/video), lighting and grip equipment, and studio accessories.
- Work with production team to provide in-house equipment and manage sub-rentals for editorial projects
• Work with studio coordinators and project planning for consistent naming conventions, proper asset storage, and timely deliveries.
• Enforce studio processes, providing guidance for efficient workflows and project completion.
• Conduct routine equipment checks, maintenance, and workstation upkeep (monitor calibration, automations, etc.).
• Engage with the team to uphold all studio operations. • Manage troubleshooting for color discrepancies, missing images, and file naming issues.
• Collaborate with retouching for color accuracy best practices. • Ensure daily operational readiness of all studio setups.
• Supervise maintenance of photo and computer equipment at LIC studio and Cheshire location.
• Collaborate with ACD to establish capture session criteria and backup procedures.
• Develop a dependable pool of freelance Digital Technicians and Photo Assistants.
• Collaborate with studio staff to optimize workflow.
• Assist digital tech on set when scheduling permits.
• Maintain partnerships with supporting teams (copy, retouching) for Bloomingdale's brand standards.
• Meet deadlines, take ownership of projects, and follow through to completion.
• Demonstrate attention to detail and consistency.
• Source and build a roster of freelance talent to support project demands.
• Ensure dependable attendance and punctuality.Job Requirements: Education and Experience:
We encourage candidates with either a bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience in a related field to apply
Skills and Qualifications:
- 3-5 years of digital technician experience preferred.
- 2 years of management experience preferred.
- Reliable, professional, and energetic.
- High proficiency to expert level in Capture One.
- High proficiency with Canon systems, ProPhoto, and Broncolor lighting systems.
- Proficiency in the Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Office.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and professionally in person, via email, and over the phone.
- Strong collaboration and teamwork skills.
- Ability to prioritize and multitask within a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent organization and file management skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge of best practices for color accuracy using X-Rite/Color Navigator.
- Experience with proprietary CMS/DAM systems at an enterprise scale.
- Ability to troubleshoot hardware and software issues for cameras and computers.
- Familiarity with Canon and FujiFilm camera systems.
- Equipment room experience and broad knowledge of lighting and grip.
- Expertise with Apple computers and operating systems.
- Proficiency in software including Capture One Pro, Microsoft Office Suite, and Adobe Photoshop.
- Mastery of photography fundamentals.
- IT experience is a plus.