We believe that difference sparks brilliance, so we welcome people and ideas from everywhere to join us in stretching what's possible.
At Tapestry, being true to yourself is core to who we are. When each of us brings our individuality to our collective ambition, our creativity is unleashed. This global house of brands - Coach, Kate Spade New York, Stuart Weitzman - was built by unconventional entrepreneurs and unexpected solutions, so when we say we believe in dreams, we mean we believe in making them happen. We're always on a journey to becoming our best, but you can count on this: Here, your voice is valued, your ambitions are supported, and your work is recognized.
A member of the Tapestry family, we are part of a global house of brands that has unwavering optimism and is committed to being innovative and wholly inclusive. Visit Our People
page to learn more about Tapestry's commitment to equity, inclusion, and diversity. Primary Purpose:
to provide a HR business partnership to Asia Supply Chain (SC) leaders and employees and support the achievement of the strategic goals of SC and of the HR Function. Partner with People Solutions to enhance the employee experience and streamline processes . Managing 3 direct reports (total team of 6 HR professionals) in Asia. Scope of the role:
Areas of responsibility: Business Partnership
- Offices in Vietnam (86 EE), China (125 EE), Other Asia Countries (45 EE)
- Asia Supply Chain employees based in Vietnam, China, Hong Kong, Philippines, Cambodia, Myanmar, India, Indonesia, Singapore, Korea
- Partner closely with SC Leadership Teams to fully comprehend business needs and ensure HR goals and action plans are clear and consistent with the BU's strategic vision
- Foster relationships with key stakeholders built on business knowledge, HR expertise, integrity, respect and trust to ensure HR has a respected voice in the SC
- Participate in the creation and drive the execution of HR action plans each year, with high standards for timely and high quality deliverables, and for impact on the business
- Develop solid relationships and actively cooperate with HR centers of expertise in Asia (Talent, Reward, Training) to develop and implement a compelling HR strategy for SC
- Partner with the SC Leadership Team to create a motivating, supportive and productive work environment for all levels, grounded on Tapestry Values, Culture and bringing our Employer Value Proposition to life.
- Provide coaching and counseling to key employees to ensure an outstanding employee experience is shared among all employees.
- Build a strong connection between SC Functions, acting as facilitator between these groups of employees to maximize cohesiveness and cooperation
- Maintain positive employee relations environment through a meaningful communication strategy. Foster a culture based on service and teamwork at all levels in the Organization
- Partner with SC Leaders to ensure responsibility for operating model is achieved in all functions and support talent skill acquisition and development critical for business success
- Partner with the SC leaders to critically review the organizational design of the SC, and propose changes to meet the ever-changing business needs and achieve the BU vision
- Partner with Learning Center of Expertise to plan and implement training initiatives focused on the growth and engagement of team members
- Partner with Total Rewards Asia to build a compelling economic proposition for all employee levels to ensure high level of market competitiveness and attract / retain key talents
- Own the coordination of the annual performance management process and lead the formulation / execution of development plans actions for key talents and key position holders
- Partner with the SC leaders to execute compensation process on time and on budget; build compelling business cases to outline and quantify requests for additional funding as required
- Own the annual and quarterly compensation planning process, partnering with Finance Team to ensure the submitted information are 100% accurate
- Own the Talent Management process to identify and actively build plans to retain key talents; build succession plans for key positions
- Be the company ambassador, representing the company at its best, be a role model and constantly strive to communicate the best image of Tapestry to the market, bringing our EVP to life.
- Partner with our Talent Acquisition (TA) Center of expertise to r ensure strong talent pipeline, filling vacant positions timely recruit for all vacant corporate positions; actively build talent pipelines through networking and employer branding
- Partner with TA to create innovative sourcing strategies for all Tapestry Brands to become employers of choice in SC locations in Asia
- Constantly survey the market to ensure Tapestry keeps a competitive employer proposition; understand local competition on talent and key people trends
- Participate / lead HR projects (Employee Survey, etc.)
- Participate / lead cross-functional projects and initiatives with wide organizational impact (e.g. community outreach programs, reward & recognition programs, Company events planning)
The chosen individual will possess
- 6 VP+ leaders based in Asia
- SC second layer of leaders (DIR / Sr. DIR)
- NY-based SC leaders
- HR Centers of Expertise (Payroll, Total Rewards, Talent Acquisition, Training) and HRBPs
Our Competencies for All Employees
- Bachelor's degree (ideally in Business Management) with at least 8-10 years' experience in HR field. A previous significant experience in FMCG industry is preferred
- Solid business acumen and willingness to understand / improve business KPIs
- A strong passion for Supply Chain, united with the one for the Fashion Industry
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to influence others at all levels
- Entrepreneurial spirit to generate innovative solutions and deliver with excellence
- Conceptual thinking with the ability to translate ideas into workable solutions
Our Competencies for All People Managers
- Courage : Doesn't hold back anything that needs to be said; provides current, direct, complete, and "actionable" positive and corrective feedback to others; lets people know where they stand; faces up to people problems on any person or situation (not including direct reports) quickly and directly; is not afraid to take negative action when necessary.
- Creativity : Comes up with a lot of new and unique ideas; easily makes connections among previously unrelated notions; tends to be seen as original and value-added in brainstorming settings.
- Customer Focus: Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
- Dealing with Ambiguity : Can effectively cope with change; can shift gears comfortably; can decide and act without having the total picture; isn't upset when things are up in the air; doesn't have to finish things before moving on; can comfortably handle risk and uncertainty.
- Drive for Results: Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; is constantly and consistently one of the top performers; very bottom-line oriented; steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
- Interpersonal Savvy : Relates well to all kinds of people, up, down, and sideways, inside and outside the organization; builds appropriate rapport; builds constructive and effective relationships; uses diplomacy and tact; can diffuse even high-tension situations comfortably.
- Learning on the Fly: Learns quickly when facing new problems; a relentless and versatile learner; open to change; analyzes both successes and failures for clues to improvement; experiments and will try anything to find solutions; enjoys the challenge of unfamiliar tasks; quickly grasps the essence and the underlying structure of anything.
- Strategic Agility : Sees ahead clearly; can anticipate future consequences and trends accurately; has broad knowledge and perspective; is future oriented; can articulately paint credible pictures and visions of possibilities and likelihoods; can create competitive and breakthrough strategies and plans.
- Developing Direct Reports and Others : Provides challenging and stretching tasks and assignments; holds frequent development discussions; is aware of each person's career goals; constructs compelling development plans and executes them; pushes people to accept developmental moves; will take on those who need help and further development; cooperates with the developmental system in the organization; is a people builder.
- Building Effective Teams : Blends people into teams when needed; creates strong morale
and spirit in his/her team; shares wins and successes; fosters open dialogue; lets people finish and be responsible for their work; defines success in terms of the whole team; creates a feeling of belonging in the team.
Tapestry, Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and we pride ourselves on hiring and developing the best people. All employment decisions (including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, transfer, training, discipline and termination) are based on the applicant's or employee's qualifications as they relate to the requirements of the position under consideration. These decisions are made without regard to age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic characteristics, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship, disability, marital status, military status, pregnancy, or any other legally-recognized protected basis prohibited by applicable law. Visit Tapestry, Inc. at http://www.tapestry.com/