With approximately 1,300 boutiques and outlets throughout the U.S., as well as an online presence for each of our brands, it takes sophisticated technology, resources and infrastructure to ensure the continued success of our businesses. From finance and accounting to technology and merchandising careers, we have diverse opportunities available for talented professionals to join our team of nearly 16,000 associates who share our commitment to excellence. POSITION OBJECTIVE:
The position is responsible for managing the financial reporting function for Chico's FAS. This role is also directly responsible for ensuring that all SEC filings are prepared in accordance with authoritative literature, including generally accepted accounting principles, all SEC rules and regulations and NYSE rules and regulations. In addition to preparing all external reports, this position is responsible for the analysis and documentation of technical accounting issues that may arise and ensuring that the accounting department correctly implements such conclusions as policies and procedures. FUNCTIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Analyzes financial results and prepare the Company's Form 10-Q's, 10-K's, 8-K's. Section 16 filings, proxy statement, etc., including financial statement disclosures and management's discussion and analysis.
- Interprets and documents the Company's compliance with all relevant technical accounting standards under GAAP, SEC rules and regulations, etc. including the ability to communicate such conclusions to other departments and external auditors.
- Manages the annual reporting process including preparation of filings, distribution of annual reporting materials, adherence to budget, and compliance with stock exchange listing standards.
- Implements methodologies to forecast, record and report stock-based compensation in accordance with highly complex accounting standards, specifically SFAS 123R.
- Researches peer company external filings in order to identify areas where the Company may improve its disclosures.
- Manages investor relations including coordinating sales and earnings releases.
- Financial projections including equity expense (SFAS 123R), audit/tax expense, annual reporting expenses and share count.
- Values individuality and the diverse talents of their team. Leads the team by communicating expectations, providing guidance, delivering feedback, and empowering the team to be their best.
- BA/BS degree in Accounting required
- CPA required
- 7+ years of financial reporting experience (mix of Big 4 and corporate accounting w/SEC exposure preferred)
- High level of proficiency in GAAP, SEC and NYSE rules and regulations required
- Advanced Microsoft Excel spreadsheet skills
- Excellent financial analysis skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of results/Company announcements
- Excellent communication and leadership skills
- Attentive to detail, well organized, and able to function in a fast-paced environment
- Highest levels of commitment and integrity
Chico's FAS, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, lactation, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, military service, veteran status, or any other category protected under federal, state, or local law.