To be responsible for the technical health of production garments, including the approval of PP samples, communication with makers and within the organisation on technical issues, working with pattern cutters, and development technical teams to ensure the best application of technical methods to aid smooth running production and timely delivery.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- To check graded measurements and pass to PA For Pre Production sample launch
- To attend the Development SMS fitting to gain an understanding if the new season design & fit ethic. To build a history of changes behind each style to help with PP approval during Production.
- Attendance of all production fittings, with Development Technologists ( In the interim training period , with a view to become the Tech representative for Production, taking ownership of the technical aspects of production, from PP approval to investigations and resolutions of production issues at factory.
- To lead all PP fittings with the relevant PC, PA & DEV GT. Leaving the fitting with a clear plan of action, and responsible for follow up.
- To issue updated Fit Notes with action post fitting
- Updating of the CP once PP comments are written and issued to factory.
- To update Spec Sheets and PP comments, and issue to factory.
- To assist with Specs when PA’s are out of the studio
- To inspect all PP samples
- To oversee the in studio QC procedure, ensuring guidelines are followed, by the QC’s and Interns
- To Review anomalies within the External QC report & authorise shipment
- To review measurements and QC of Size sets and give factory / PC approval to ship.
- To review any issues highlighted in the External QC report and advise how to best resolve.
- To build strong relationships with all manufacturers, reacting effectively if a technical issue is raised, visiting their premises when necessary in order to find resolutions
- Respond to product queries, including complaints in order to remedy issues or improve upon for future collections.
- Sign Off of relevant invoices relating to area (pattern grading, fittings)
- Must come from a similar role, with 3-5 years’ experience with luxury products ideally, and preferably exposure to broad product categories
- This staff member needs to be highly detail oriented and well organized. The role requires being capable of working unsupervised in a fast paced environment and therefore requires strong common sense abilities
- Must be able to work well within a team and be able to delegate in order to achieve deadlines
- Understanding of grading, Layplans, costings and knowledge of pattern cutting is expected along with a good understanding of Garment Construction techniques.