At Next, we're not only one of the UK's largest fashion retailers. We're also one of the largest listed companies, full-stop. We sell our products and thousands of world-famous brands, both in-store and online. What's more, we're growing. Fast. And it's the type of growth and investment that is exciting for everyone in our business.
Let's talk numbers. When it comes to UK retail, it's hard to find a bigger name. We sell thousands of items an hour and are expanding our e-commerce business by the second. For anyone in Merchandising this is the place to learn. To grow. And to thrive.
We are recruiting for an Assistant Buyer to join our Label London team on a fixed term basis focusing on our Non-Clothing department to include Swim & Beach, Intimates, Accessories including handbags, Lifestyle, Children, Licensing and Jewellery to name a few, so a hugely diverse category! We want to bring on board an Assistant Buyer who is passionate and hardworking and who will play a pivotal part in our growth and development The role
- Working with the Buyer and wider team to plan, buy and trade in season, product ranges delivered by Next Label brands mix.
- Managing specific brand ownership and forging strong relationships with brand partners, conducting trade calls and brand appointments independently
- Day to day management of the junior team
- Be responsible for managing own categories, overseen by Senior Buyer
- Manage your own workload and prioritise tasks
- Working to improve the online customer shopping experience for Next Label brands, ensuring product is represented to the highest online standards to drive sales and website optimisation, keeping the Next customer engaged with Next Label brands.
- Creating opportunities to market the brands in conjunction with marketing and
- ecommerce teams within Next.
Identifying seasonal fashion trends ahead of buying appointments and reacting in season to trend shifts to maximise fashionability of branded product ranges.
- Regularly keeping up to date with fashion trends in the market throughout the season.
- Working with the Buyer to identify new brands to recruit and help with the on-boarding of these brands into the business.
- Maintaining smooth running of the department overall ensuring product launch process and systems are kept up to to date in line with critical path.
- You will be able to work independently and be prepared to get stuck into admin when needed
You'll be doing all this from our London office, Tottenham Court Road. A fast-paced, encouraging and inspiring environment where we never underestimate what we can do. Bring your energy, play to your strenths and never shy away from change. Push yourself, and back others and make things happen that will be bigger and better than before.
If you're customer-focused, self-motivated and organised, have a keen eye for detail and an investigative mind, and can't wait to start building relationships, this is the place for you - and your career. The benefits
We can discuss more of what you'll get when you work for Next at interview, but here's an overview of what you can expect:
Sharesave scheme offering the opportunity to buy shares
Contributions into a pension scheme
25% staff discount on most Next products - either in our stores or delivered directly to your desk
National and local discounts on goods and services
A digital GP healthcare service The business
You know Next, but did you know we're a FTSE-100 retail company employing over 43,000 people across the UK and Ireland. We're the UK's 2nd largest fashion retailer and for Kidswear we're at the forefront of the market. At the last count, we have over 500 stores, plus Next Online and it's now possible to buy online from over 70 countries around the world.