We are looking for an experienced Data Scientist to join our growing Data Analytics team at Next!
This role will specifically look after personalisation, currently working within DataBricks and Google Cloud Platform with further connections to the Marketing team and third party consultancies.
The role of the Associate Data Scientist will be to personalise the NEXT website and customer journey in order to maximise sales.
We are looking for someone who has a good understanding and experience of data science techniques. You will also have great communication skills so that you can present your findings to various stakeholders.
This role is a hybrid role with some office and some remote working. Our head office is in Leicestershire. About the role
- Work with teams from around the business to understand problems and opportunities and gather requirements for model building.
- Interrogate large volumes of data from a range of sources, including transactional, demographic and online, to collect data for modelling.
- Build predictive models and segmentations.
- Work with the marketing team and selections analysts to design and implement tests to prove the value of predictive models.
- Present model findings and analysis to a range of audiences.
- Proactively identify opportunities for personalisation and improvements to the customer experience.
- Understanding and experience of data science techniques covering regression, classification and segmentation problems.
- Knowledge of other programming languages, e.g. SQL, Python, R, Scala would be beneficial
- Previous experience with test design
- Previous retail experience
- Excellent communication skills - comfortable presenting to a range of audiences and tailoring content accordingly.
- Good time management skills with the ability to manage multiple deadlines and priorities
- Annual company performance based bonus
- Sharesave scheme
- Pension 3% Employer/ 5% Employee
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays (can also buy/sell up to 3 days)
- 25% staff discount and free next day delivery to desk for online purchases
- Fantastic restaurant, coffee shop and juice bar all onsite at head office
- Free car parking
- Outstanding subsidised Nursery onsite at head office
- Staff shop onsite at head office
You know Next, but did you know we're a FTSE-100 retail company employing over 35,000 people across the UK and Ireland. We're the UK's 2nd largest fashion retailer and for Kidswear we're the market leader. At the last count we have over 500 stores, plus the Next Online and it's now possible to buy on-line from over 70 countries around the world! So we've gone global!About some of our Benefits
- 25% off a huge selection of Next, Lipsy & Victoria's Secret products
- Company performance based bonus
- Sharesave scheme
- On-site Nursery available; OFSTED outstanding in all areas
- 10% off most partner brands & up to 15% off Branded Beauty
- Early VIP access to sale stock
- Access to fantastic discounts at our Staff Shops
- Subsidised restaurant, coffee shop and juice bar
- Access a 24/7 digital GP and other free health and wellbeing services
- Free on-site parking