At Burberry, we believe creativity opens spaces. Our purpose is to unlock the power of imagination to push boundaries and open new possibilities for our people, our customers and our communities. This is the core belief that has guided Burberry since it was founded in 1856 and is central to how we operate as a company today.
We aim to provide an environment for creative minds from different backgrounds to thrive, bringing a wide range of skills and experiences to everything we do. As a purposeful, values-driven brand, we are committed to being a force for good in the world as well, creating the next generation of sustainable luxury for customers, driving industry change and championing our communities. JOB PURPOSE
Reporting into the Senior Manager Global Employee Services the role is accountable for the coordination of HR administration, master data management, and compliance activities across circa 20 countries in both EMEIA and the Americas. The role seeks to create a collaborative team culture which delivers excellent employee experience in accordance with agreed scope of services, governance, policies, and service levels.
This is a key role in the HR Operations Team, responsible for leading a team of 15-20 HR professionals across Leeds, Milan, Paris, Moscow, and New York. Success will require a credible and inspiring leader who is confident collaborating with others in order to capitalise on continuous improvement opportunities - particularly those which seek to enhance colleague experience and improve data quality.
This role closely partners with colleagues at all levels across both the HR Function (including Payroll, HR Systems, Reward, HRBPs, and Employee Relations) and wider business. As such, the role requires a capable communicator who can spot opportunities to create global consistency and who is able to set clear expectations of both team members and stakeholders. RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure employee life cycle events are delivered to agreed quality, payroll cut-offs, and SLAs (service level agreement)
- Anticipate and plan for peaks in workload using stakeholder engagement and via pro-active monitoring of volume metrics
- Utilise colleague and stakeholder feedback to identify opportunities to improve our ways of working
- Continuously strive to minimise key people dependencies through cross training and robust process definition
- Ensure that weekly/monthly/quarterly/annual audits, compliance checks, and data quality activities are completed and agreed remediations are executed against a risk based approach
- Handle operational escalations and service failures undertaking root cause analyses and remediations as required
- Day to day line management of team members including but not limited to; onboarding, quarterly/annual reviews, career conversations, performance conversations, and quality measurement
- Seek to enhance Tier 0 self-service content in order to reduce the volume of colleague queries and questions
- Promote the correct and consistent usage of HR technologies
- Deputise for other members of the HR Operations Leadership Team as required
- Experience leading a team within a shared services / global business services environment underpinned by a tiered service delivery model
- Ability to cultivate a high performance culture which is based on a foundation of collaboration and actively seeks to promote employee engagement
- Ability to use data to inform priorities and focus continuous improvement efforts
- Possesses an innate desire to challenge the status quo with a natural inclination to ask "why"
- Proven experience working with HR processes, including but not limited to; processing mapping, process re-engineering, creation of desktop procedures, application of service level agreements, and definition of appropriate controls
- Experience in building and maintaining strong working relationships with stakeholders at different levels of the organisation
- Strong verbal and written communication skills including the ability to use logic and data to influence decision making
- Previous experience working with an HRIS platform to maximise data quality
- Experience delivering HR operations across multiple countries is desirable
Burberry is an Equal Opportunities Employer and as such, treats all applications equally and recruits purely on the basis of skills and experience.