At Burberry, we believe creativity opens spaces. Our purpose is to unlock the power of imagination to push boundaries and open new possibilities for our people, our customers and our communities. This is the core belief that has guided Burberry since it was founded in 1856 and is central to how we operate as a company today.
We aim to provide an environment for creative minds from different backgrounds to thrive, bringing a wide range of skills and experiences to everything we do. As a purposeful, values-driven brand, we are committed to being a force for good in the world as well, creating the next generation of sustainable luxury for customers, driving industry change and championing our communities.
• Responsible and accountable for the end-to-end solution and performance of an integrated set of reporting and provisioning processes for Raw materials
• Delivering monthly internal reporting on activity to finance and operational teams including sourcing and merchandising to aid in business decisions
• Managing the various internal stakeholders and accompanying change management programmes to oversee successful service delivery
• Responsibility for the day to day management of the iStock raw material system, ensuring adherence to SLA, controls and implementing process efficiencies
• Serve as escalation for customer complaints, service failures or adherence issues in the Raw Materials iStock system
• Review and approve transactions, journals, balances and reports
• Ensuring compliance with the Group Policies, including operating of internal controls over financial reporting
• Key contact for Group Finance & External Auditors for all of RMX balances
• Role may require work on some weekend/public holidays during half year and year end periods and some travel.
• The job holder may be expected to establish the business case for consolidating, upgrading or implementing new systems but may not necessarily own them
• Ensure there is the necessary clarity across the team about roles, goals, timescales and standards and that work is carried out to expected standards
• Ensures that Group Finance, Finance Business Partners, Operations and BBS business goals and performance objectives are reflected and achieved in the process improvement projects and operations of the end-to-end process
• Sets future process and service direction and alignment to RTR and business Finance strategies
• Apply understanding of assigned business process to identify gaps and propose continuous improvement measures
• Work closely with the process owners and team leads to understand root causes and represent process procedures, practicalities and exceptions
• Proactively seeks feedback from the Group Finance, Finance Business Partners and Operations specialists, as well as the delivery team, and uses this to inform future delivery of services.
• Works with other Burberry Group functions to leverage potential upgrades or consolidate shared systems and processes.
Qualifications & Experience
• Experience working in a finance department.
• SAP training and certification is a plus.
• Must be able to fully grasp the broader issues and provide functional guidance to the finance team.
• Requires excellent understanding of IT systems and processes
• Must have advanced/excellent excel skills and working with large data sets
• Requires proven leadership skills in managing through a project to resolution involving multiple stakeholders.
• Has track record and appetite for delivering continuous improvement. Able to generate commitment to change amongst own team.
• Can provide evidence of working collaboratively with peers and standalone capability.
• Uses a variety of techniques to influence a range of technical and non-technical stakeholders across a range of operational issues. Able to establish personal credibility at all levels.
• Builds effective relationships through interpersonal skill and technical expertise to aid cross-functional working, delivery and a sense of collaboration and teamwork.
• Proactively asks for and acts on personal feedback, developing a high level of self-awareness.
• Can operate both at the tactical and, where required, detailed level.
• Displays an affinity for technology's ability to drive efficiencies and enhance service delivery.
• Thinks conceptually and identifies and addresses future challenges and opportunities, often in an ambiguous environment. Needs to be comfortable in 'dealing with the numbers' - i.e. able to extract strategic themes and trends, compare and convert figures across the group and use high-level figures to make decisions.
Burberry is an Equal Opportunities Employer and as such, treats all applications equally and recruits purely on the basis of skills and experience.
Posting Notes: United Kingdom || Not Applicable || Leeds || FINANCE & OPERATIONS || FINANCE SHARED SERVICES || n/a ||