Bloomingdale's makes fashion personal and fun, aspirational yet approachable. Our mission is to guide and inspire our customers to make style a source of creative energy in their lives. We will always strive to make Bloomingdale's like no other store in the world. Everyone plays a critical role to bring our mission to life. Regardless of position, we believe all colleagues have a voice and access to share their thoughts with every level of leadership. Our colleagues are passionate, driven, entrepreneurial and collaborative. We welcome and embrace diversity of background, thought and opinion while having a lot of fun along the way. Job Overview:
Bloomingdales.com has an excellent opportunity for a highly motivated Image Editor to contribute to our in-house online retouching team. The ideal candidate will have substantial experience with high-end photo retouching to produce high-end images for both print and digital platforms. The Image Editor will bring solid experience working in a creative, fast-paced environment and understand the fashion industry. Responsible for large volumes while maintaining high quality standards when working on catalogs, newspaper/magazine ads, outdoor media, and web content Ability to adhere to strict deadlines is a must. Essential Functions:
Qualifications and Competencies:
- Partner with Manager of Image Editing to support workflow efficiencies and sustain image quality standards within the Bloomingdale's brand.
- Collaborate with creative teams to discuss art directions for seasonal campaigns and editorial stories/sections.
- Ability to follow and accurately apply directives, color curve treatments and work with photographic styles to achieve creative intent.
- Understand the balance between art and commerce when retouching for various business channels, which include RTW, Men's, Home, Fine Jewelry, Shoes/Handbags and Cosmetics.
- Attend creative meetings and apply knowledge of photography/print production to identify and address potential challenges that may arise during retouching.
We encourage candidates with either a bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience in a related field to apply
• Practices open and continuous communication, values keeping others informed, effectively presenting information in a clear, concise manner
- Excellent leadership, facilitation, and interpersonal skills, with the ability to work across functional lines and at many levels
- Ability to think creatively, strategically, and technically
- Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and Company needs
- Photo retouching, color correction, merch/swatch matching
- Studio art retouch 300 p/wk, Vendor art retouch 600 p/wk
- Up to date technical knowledge for digital retouching and video editing.
- Strong skills in Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, Premiere, Camera RAW, Capture One
- Solid knowledge of print production, CMYK and digital color spaces
Click here to enter text.Physical Requirements:
- Requires prolonged periods of sitting, with occasional standing
- Occasionally requires walking, bending, reaching, hearing, and talking
- Continuous use of computers and other office equipment
- Frequently lift/move up to 15 lbs.