About Bergdorf Goodman
As the house of extraordinary taste for almost 120-years
We are New York's original icon of style.
The legendary window on inventive inspiration,
Discerning since day one, we define the culture of fashion.
We are a community of "creative ingeniuses"
Cultivating experiences beyond the expected,
and nurturing ideas that inspire the joy of discovery.
We thrive on bringing exceptional creative talents together.
We are unabashedly luxury. And luxury is ours to define.
We are Bergdorf Goodman Responsibilities & Duties Business Ownership
- Drives towards the achievement of maximum sales and growth in line with company vision and values, partnering with other group functional leads. Champions an Omni approach to the business, in line with Bergdorf Goodman's business and Client Experience goals.
- Leads team execution, anticipating and adjusting for risks and roadblocks to maintain operational excellence within team. Partners as needed to align own efforts to store goals, sharing best practices, championing positive responses to change and optimizing collaborative efforts.
- Forms productive relationships with the merchant organization, partnering to create action plans to drive business. Identifies needs of the SA's population and in partnership with the merchant organization, develops action plans to fulfill, including but not limited to PK, client requests and general communication of evolving business opportunities.
- Builds and maintains positive relationships with the vendor community, abiding to Bergdorf Goodman's business goals as guiding principles. Positively challenges vendor community's status quo as needed.
- Seeks to help others by identifying and meeting the needs of the team, customers, partners, and the community
- Partners with Leadership to determine strategic objectives for the store and sets priorities accordingly by department
- Partners to recruit, hires, trains and develops team members to support achievement of all business goals. Achieves business goals by inspiring, coaching, motivating and managing through others.
- Ensures the achievement of each team member's developmental goals, owing the process and partnering as needed with other functional leads to achieve goal.
- Tailors leadership style to appropriately set expectations and coach for growth for different levels of direct reports. Provides consistent communication to ensure achievement of dept and store goals.
- Recognizes and celebrates outstanding Associate performance, addresses opportunities for business and behavioral evolvement with courage, empathy and positivity
- Champions own self-development, communicating needs to fulfill expectations and always manifesting an attitude of learning .
Competencies Passion for People
- Champions Bergdorf Goodman's Client Experience culture and values, leading with a focus on delivering an unparalleled client experience in the marketplace. Partners with peers to support this vision throughout the store and online as opportunities present themselves.
- Leads efforts in Client Retention and Acquisition ensuring adaptation by all SA's, regardless of tenure with Bergdorf Goodman. Partners with all internal BG functional leads, merchants and Brand Managers to create innovative and productive Client Experience events
- Manage and track behaviors and spend of Top 100 clients with focus on creative ways to continue to maintain or increase spend and experiences. Create action plans for clients whose spend has decreased to LY.
- Continuously analyzes and develops understanding of internal and external customer behaviors, trends, and preferences, adjusting processes and standards accordingly (e.g., focus programs)
- Oversees the floor to monitor coverage and presence - Maintains and models positive and productive behaviors with clients, vendors, merchants and peer groups.
- Partners with functional leads for execution of in-store selling events.
Passion for Business
- Fosters an environment of cross-organizational collaboration, Inclusiveness, information-sharing and problem solving.
- Resolves conflicts as soon as they arise, finding common ground and settling disputes fairly and with minimal disruption.
- Structures messages in a clear logical manner using the most appropriate communication medium
- Responsible for the performance and career development of direct reports
- Provides coaching and counseling to assist others in identifying training or experiences needed to grow professionally and advocate for team members career progressions
- Identifies and develops key talents
- Assures that rewards are tied to objective and requirements
- Promotes and encourages a positive environment of achievement, recognition and celebration.
- Serves as a role model by establishing and adhering to high ethical standards
- Leads team in appropriately enforcing policies and procedures, ensuring understanding from all Associates
- Speaks with truth and candor, modeling how to challenge the status quo appropriately
- Empowers and coaches' team to take ownership of internal and external customer problems and resolve them quickly
- Creates a gracious and welcoming environment for internal and external customers as well as other partners
Passion for Personal Growth
- Fosters creative thinking and risk-taking amongst team and sees to it that best ideas are acted upon.
- Demonstrates a history of effective decision-making and coaches others in making good decisions
- Defines clear priorities for direct reports and enables focus on most critical activities to improve performance
- Demonstrates flexibility and decisiveness in changing direction as the business environment dictates to achieve the strategic objectives.
- Fosters consistent reflection on past performance and facilitates continuous improvement
- Promotes and encourages idea-sharing
- Acts as key change agent, demonstrates commitment to change and coaches direct reports in change.
- Continuously builds skills and knowledge through training, coaching, and career experiences
- Demonstrates a working knowledge and appreciation of the NMG business and the fashion industry
- Conveys energy and enthusiasm for BG and personal work
- Adapts personal approach in response to diverse situations and people
- Responds to unexpected changes in work environment with creativity and resilience
- Establishes and upholds high personal standards for individual work and environment
- Maintains a customer-centric mentality versus a solely store-centric one
This job description is not designed to cover or contain comprehensive listing of duties, responsibilities, or activities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, activities may change at any time with or without notice.