Ralph Lauren Corporation (NYSE:RL) is a global leader in the design, marketing and distribution of premium lifestyle products in five categories: apparel, accessories, home, fragrances, and hospitality. For more than 50 years, Ralph Lauren's reputation and distinctive image have been consistently developed across an expanding number of products, brands and international markets. The Company's brand names, which include Ralph Lauren, Ralph Lauren Collection, Ralph Lauren Purple Label, Polo Ralph Lauren, Double RL, Lauren Ralph Lauren, Polo Ralph Lauren Children, Chaps, among others, constitute one of the world's most widely recognized families of consumer brands. At Ralph Lauren, we unite and inspire the communities within our company as well as those in which we serve by amplifying voices and perspectives to create a culture of belonging, ensuring inclusion, and fairness for all. We foster a culture of inclusion through: Talent, Education & Communication, Employee Groups and Celebration.
* Keep abreast of industry changes, market intelligence, fashion trends, added resources and opportunities.
* Manage department budget and expenses and lead the department to meet business targets and company goals.
* Take initiative, lead, and support project, communicate status to sponsors and stakeholders.
* Responsible for the planning, execution and communication of company strategy that meets and exceeds corporate goals.
* Drive effective and efficient communication internally and with external suppliers to ensure quality & delivery.
* Evaluate delivery performance, identifying the root cause and work with vendor / internal parties on improving delivery to achieve company requirements.
* Business analysis in strategy way
* Problem solving
* People management
* Budget control
* Factory assessment and on boarding/exit.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
1) Sourcing Strategy
* Develop and manage Vendor Matrix for region to address business needs, brand DNA while ensuring quality, execution, and timeliness.
* Assess Vendor Matrix to develop and maximize strategic relationships.
* Manage allocation, execution, and communication of production strategies for region that meet and exceed financial goals.
* Strategically allocate production with best margin efficiency that meets and exceed financial goals based on factory performance, capability, and capacity evaluation.
* Vendor KPI & Segmentation management.
* Vendor Assessment - new factory onboarding, existing factory performance, factory exiting. Communicate internally and externally on factory profile plan. 2) Capacity Planning
* Work with vendors on reserving production capacities and allocate production with best performance of capacities, costing and delivery.
* Alert management and US business associates on high-risk areas, which may impact on production and future business.
* Lead forecast, budgets, and capacities relatives to allocation
* Manage vendor WIP online and offline. 3) Merchandise Management
* Responsible for delivery performance
* Be responsible for accurate tracking charts of capacity, lead-time, price, OTB dates, submit due dates, etc.,
* Work directly with factories to manage production preparation to be completed and support meeting delivery.
* Proactively communicate delivery concerns to NYO that result from material and /or potential issues.
* Vendor onboarding/ exiting management.
* Work with QC team for quality issues and support QA to elevate the vendors quality performance.
* Reporting support, like Exception report, Delivery Delay report, Tannery report, Production report, HIT list and HIT list report, Forecast reports.
* Lead team to Manage material delivery status and provide solutions when delivery issues.
* Production Material management - collaborate with China Material team to work with suppliers to ensure production materials are delivered on time and quality meets expectation.
* Communicate delivery updates in a timely manner to manager and New York office, whether improvement available or deliveries are delayed.
* Coordination with logistics and/or vendor compliance teams to resolve any issues related to PO shipments.
* Troubleshoot all production issues and deliver solutions.
* Standardize and align business processes, ensure smooth operation and continuous improvement on work process efficiencies driven by performance. 4) People Development
* Guide and ensure team meeting business goals and requirements.
* Continuously evaluate teamwork capabilities, strengths, and weakness. Allocate best talent and effort on different tasks and adjust accordingly.
* Communicate clearly on objectives and direction to the team; coach the team to maintain process efficiencies and meet business goals and requirement.
* Accountability and Enhancement
Experience, Skills & Knowledge
* College degree or comparable education above.
* At least 10+ years solid and comprehensive experience on handbag product development and sourcing management, minimum 5 years at managerial level, with focusing on leather handbag for well-known international brands.
* Proficient knowledge and experience in product development, production processes and best practices.
* Ability to communicate across multi-cultural and experience levels, internal & external.
* Proven leadership skills and communication skills are the must.
* System work and detail oriented
* Good command of spoken and written English & Mandarin
* Problem identifying and problem solving oriented.
* Self-motivated, detail-minded with good leadership skills