The Métier e-commerce team is expanding, and we are looking for a bright and personable individual to take an active role in our ecommerce department. The Ecommerce Executive will be a crucial part of a small, entrepreneurial team in a fast-growing company based in London, W1. The right candidate will develop with the role, enjoying exposure to different areas of the luxury leather goods industry and all the various functions of a growing online brand with opportunity to contribute directly to its success.
The Ecommerce Executive will report into our Head of E-commerce. We do not offer remote working and will ask the candidate to be based in our studio in Marylebone.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Own day-to-day implementation and updating of all marketing calendar actions relating to ecommerce, updating the calendar and relevant teams accordingly.
- Managing the creation of content and campaigns on the website, working closely with the Content and CRM team to ensure synergy with all active campaigns.
- Working closely with the content team to ensure all required assets are created and delivered.
- Overseeing the filing of all website assets, ensuring formats and sizes are optimised for website performance.
- Monitoring of SEO integrity of the website and all new content.
- Managing 404 and dead links on the website with weekly monitoring and updating.
- Managing the upload process of all new products including the briefing and gathering of all necessary assets and information.
- Leading on the seasonal refresh of website content and collections, working closely with the Creative Director and Content team.
- Work closely with the Operations team, monitoring stock deliveries and ensuring a timely launch and update of products.
- Weekly monitoring of stock availability, updating Notify Me and Pre Orders as necessary.
- Updating visual merchandising in line with sales data and marketing campaigns on a weekly basis to drive both sales and margin.
- Lead on day-to-day monitoring of the website, working closely with Customer Care team and Operations team on any issues with customer journey.
- Day to day management of eco-system, including integration between ERP Brightpearl and platform Shopify, working closely with Operations team and Customer Care team.
- Working closely with the Head of Ecommerce on the wider digital eco-system including ESP and integrations with digital platforms.
- Day to day resolution of on-site bugs and issues, working closely with the Customer Care team as point of escalation for any customer identified problems with the site.
- First point of escalation from Operations team with any ecommerce customer facing issues. Day to day management of analytical tools, ensuring smooth running and data integrity.
- Pulling weekly ecommerce performance reports and providing Head of Ecommerce with initial insights. Identifying opportunities for and producing any ad hoc ecommerce reporting.
- Assist in the devising and implementation of data best practices and data integrity such as tagging and classifications.
- Monitor in-platform apps, spotting and leading on opportunities to improve and expand on tools offered.
- Assist Head of Ecommerce in the development and digital road map, assisting on the day-to-day development tasks and QA and testing.
- Support the Marketing Manager in ad hoc tasks related to email campaign, automations and assisting with technical support.
- Assist the Marketing Manager with building weekly broadcast email campaigns and testing.
- Fluent written and spoken English.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in ecommerce trading and the world of online retail, ideally small to medium business
- Proven experience working day to day and delivering tasks with Shopify.
- Proven experience with building reports, merging multiple data sets, and making analysis. Proven experience with Google Analytics.
- Proven experience working with an ESP (Klaviyo, Mailchimp etc.)
- Excellent interpersonal skills, a people person who loves getting to know customers and building relationships. with them to make them feel special.
- A passion for luxury retail.
- Computer and technically literate and confident, working quickly with various tools including Microsoft Office suite and specifically Excel.
- Experience with Brightpearl and a ticketing tool (Zendesk, Gorgias etc.)
- Experience with B.I. tools (Power BI, Tableau, Google Data Studio etc.)
- Basic skills in Photoshop
Key Personal Competencies/Skills
We are a small team, so you must be proactive and willing to roll up your sleeves and get stuck in. We are looking for someone who is:
- Highly motivated, hardworking, flexible, and comfortable with change.
- Has excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Highly accurate with a meticulous eye for detail.
- A logical and analytical thinker.
- Prepared to go the extra mile and use one's initiative.
- Excellent with time-management skills with the ability to multi-task across projects.
- Takes pride in their work and enjoys seeing tasks through to completion.
- Able to be calm under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Able to think logically and calmly on their feet, use common sense and a service minded approach to dealing with issues as they arise.
- Able handle decisions in a responsible way and has the initiative to escalate issues appropriately.
Métier is a luxury leather goods house that enhances the life and work of the modern-day man and woman. Hand-made in Italy and anchored by a modular collection of timeless pieces, we believe purposeful design can transform daily experiences. We are featured regularly in publications such as Vogue, Esquire and the Financial Times and have a cult celebrity and editor following.
Benefits of Working at Métier
25 days holidays in addition to the usual bank holidays. Modern central London office with complimentary drinks and snacks. Staff discount with 50% off full retail price. Regular team socials. Being part of a fast-growing global brand at a key stage.
Start date: Immediate.