Innovative, uncompromising, romantic, provocative, upholding the power of emotion and the touch of the human hand: these are all elements that describe the fashion of the house of Alexander McQueen. The brand is synonymous with modern British couture, renowned for its strong identity and celebration of unbridled creativity. Integral to the McQueen culture is the juxtaposition between contrasting elements: femininity and masculinity, fragility and strength, tradition and modernity. Under the creative direction of Sarah Burton, the house produces critically acclaimed collections, driven by unparalleled vision and respect for craftsmanship. Burton was made Head of Design for womenswear in 2000 and was appointed Creative Director in 2010. The luxury brand was founded by Lee Alexander McQueen in 1992. Among the greatest fashion designers of his time, the legacy of his work lives on.Alexander McQueen are currently in search of a Junior Merchandiser to join the business and focus on our Women’s Leather goods Category, reporting to our Leathergoods and Jewellery Merchandising Manager and Playing a key role in driving the Worldwide Merchandise Strategy. How you will contribute?
Who you are?
- Analysing sell-in & sell-out data across departments
- Building and analysing Bi-monthly sell-out report on all departments (Handbags, Small Leathergoods, Belts and Jewellery)
- Support in producing presentations.
- Support during selling campaigns.
- Support on 3D projects (WLG)
- Competitor analysis for the categories to interpret market needs, trends, and pricing strategy.
- Support on merchandising collection plan, update and follow up with design and development.
- Collaborate closely with development team making sure catalogue is accurate, providing them with the relevant information
- Help preparing product training presentation
- Participate in technical reviews and report in an accurate file product comments to be shared with the stakeholders
- Supporting shooting team with samples and coding all items in a highly time sensitive environment
- Management and organisation of sample set before and after campaign launch.
- Assisting with other activities required.
Why work with us?
- Excellent attention to detail even when working under pressure
- Effective and articulate communicator
- Previous experience in product merchandising is a plus
- Previous experience analysing Sell-in & Sell-out data is desirable
- Excellent organizational skills with ability to prioritise workload to meet deadlines
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office software including Word, advanced skills in Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Extensive analytical and numeracy skills
- Passion & keen interest in the Luxury Industry
At Alexander McQueen together we push boundaries to create legacy. Everyone can make a difference, and anything is possible.
We are passionate about beauty, creativity & quality. This is an opportunity to join our community of hard-working and talented individuals who are playing a part in the success of the House. We offer a package of competitive benefits including, but not limited to –
Diversity and Inclusion
- Pension, private medical insurance & performance related bonus.
- Clothing allowance, employee discounts & monthly lunch subsidy.
- 25 days annual leave excluding Bank Holidays plus dedicated time for employee volunteering.
At Alexander McQueen, we welcome applicants from all backgrounds and walks of life. We know that diverse skills, mindsets & experiences foster creativity and collaboration.
Please let our recruitment team know if you need support or reasonable adjustments to be made at any stage of the recruitment process. We will work with you to ensure that you have the best experience. What’s next?
All applications will be considered, and we will do our best to provide an answer as soon as possible.