Be part of an iconic story.
PVH is the growth platform for Calvin Klein and TOMMY HILFIGER. Through driving brand strength and relevance, we are connecting our global, iconic brands closer to where the consumer is going than ever before, today and with future generations. Guided by our values and enabled by our scale and global reach, we are driving fashion forward for good, as one team with one vision and one plan. That's the Power of Us, that's the Power of PVH+. About Tommy Hilfiger
TOMMY HILFIGER is one of the world's most recognized premium lifestyle brands, uplifting and inspiring consumers since 1985. The brand creates iconic style, which comes alive at the intersection of the classic and the new, co-created with people who are shaping culture around the world. TOMMY HILFIGER celebrates the essence of classic American style with a modern twist. Tommy Hilfiger offers premium, quality and value to consumers worldwide under the TOMMY HILFIGER and TOMMY JEANS lifestyles, with a breadth of collections including men's, women's and kids' sportswear, denim, accessories, and footwear. Tommy Hilfiger has an unwavering commitment to sustainability and inclusivity. Global retail sales of TOMMY HILFIGER products were approximately $9.3 billion in 2021 and the brand is powered by more than 16,000 associates worldwide - present in 100 countries and more than 2,000 retail stores, including its largest global flagship store at tommy.com. PVH acquired Tommy Hilfiger in 2010 and continues to oversee a focused approach to growing the brand's worldwide relevance, presence, and long term growth. The Position
We are seeking an experienced multi product designer to work within the design team for the sartorial business component within the Tommy Hilfiger Menswear world. The Designer will work with the Design Manger focusing on our contemporary formal collections. The ideal candidate would help us develop this key business pillar in a post covid landscape. The successful candidate will be instrumental in evolving the more traditional codes of formalwear for the modern Tommy Hilfiger customer.Key Responsibilities:
The Ideal Candidate:
- Design and execute Menswear Dressed Casuals (4 collections a year) working close with Design Manager Dressed Casuals and Development and Merchandise.
- Researching trends and performing market research that works into the Tommy Hilfiger Menswear knits formal wear brand strategy.
- Translating Formal wear trends into a commercial collection together with the Designer Manager .
- Making sure that the Tommy Hilfiger D.N.A. is seen in each garment.
- Preparing all design sheets for divisional presentations and to focus on following up of each style.
- Preparing all selected and confirmed styles to be computerized and design sheets completed to a high standard for sending to buying offices globally.
- Following up on selected fabrics and yarns each season with product developer and communicating to buying offices any design related communication for Retail special needs
- Working closely with Tech Department for the executing of garment fittings.
- Developing and understanding of fabrics and yarns based on the Menswear price range .
- Working together with Product development and Vendors to ensure the best execution and quality.
- 4-5 years of experience in luxury/premium fashion.
- Graduated at a degree level or equivalent.
- Outerwear experience is a plus
- Knowledge of European mills
- Excellent computer skills (Illustrator/Photoshop)
- Business English fluency (both written and verbal)
- Ability to translate trends into a commercial collection with a contemporary handwriting
- Is able to work in a highly productive environment with a hands-on mentality
- Ability to travel within Europe for supplier visits
In the heart of Amsterdam, PVH EMEA is home to the global headquarters of Tommy Hilfiger and the European offices of Calvin Klein. We are the home to 2500 big thinkers, natural entrepreneurs, and challenge seekers from all kinds of backgrounds.
Be part of it.
- How we support you: choose the hybrid setup and working hours that suit you, in addition to meeting-free Fridays, work from anywhere 4 weeks a year, 25 days of paid holidays, mental health days, parental leave, home office allowance, commuting allowances, employee assistance programs, and pension schemes
- Wellbeing: exclusive onsite gym and fitness classes, personal training, meditation studio, sports clubs, in-house physio, and receive access to our nutritional and wellbeing programs
- Campus: extensive food and beverage offerings, top-notch restaurant, barista coffee bars, sky bar, monthly social events, weekly Thursday drinks, game nights, and campus-themed activities that will keep your social life busy
- Develop your career: whether you lead a team or contribute your own expertise, everyone is a leader at PVH. PVH University curates and delivers training programs for you to continuously develop your professional and personal goals
- Be at the forefront: stay closely connected to our brands, Calvin Klein and Tommy Hilfiger, and be a part of seasonal market launches, sample sales and receive employee discounts!
PVH Europe and our brands, TOMMY HILFIGER and CALVIN KLEIN, are committed to fostering an inclusive and diverse community of associates with a strong sense of belonging. We believe we are bettered by all forms of diversity, and take pride in working with top talent from every walk of life and corner of the world. In the spirit of inclusivity, qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, ethnicity, ability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, nationality, race, religion or sexual orientation.