Be part of an iconic story.
PVH is the growth platform for Calvin Klein and TOMMY HILFIGER. Through driving brand strength and relevance, we are connecting our global, iconic brands closer to where the consumer is going than ever before, today and with future generations. Guided by our values and enabled by our scale and global reach, we are driving fashion forward for good, as one team with one vision and one plan. That's the Power of Us, that's the Power of PVH+.About Tommy Hilfiger
TOMMY HILFIGER is one of the world's most recognized premium lifestyle brands, uplifting and inspiring consumers since 1985. The brand creates iconic style, which comes alive at the intersection of the classic and the new, co-created with people who are shaping culture around the world. TOMMY HILFIGER celebrates the essence of classic American style with a modern twist. Tommy Hilfiger offers premium, quality and value to consumers worldwide under the TOMMY HILFIGER and TOMMY JEANS lifestyles, with a breadth of collections including men's, women's and kids' sportswear, denim, accessories, and footwear. Tommy Hilfiger has an unwavering commitment to sustainability and inclusivity. Global retail sales of TOMMY HILFIGER products were approximately $9.3 billion in 2021 and the brand is powered by more than 16,000 associates worldwide - present in 100 countries and more than 2,000 retail stores, including its largest global flagship store at tommy.com. PVH acquired Tommy Hilfiger in 2010 and continues to oversee a focused approach to growing the brand's worldwide relevance, presence, and long term growth. The Position:
As a Designer at Tommy Hilfiger, you will possess a deep understanding of shirts, both casual and dress shirts. Your focus on casual shirts will revolve around fabrics and shapes, aligning them with seasonal directions. For dress shirts, the emphasis will be on novelty prints that reflect the DNA of Tommy Hilfiger. This block-driven business requires careful attention to selecting the right patterns and colors. Collaborating with other members of the design team, you will create cohesive programs across different lifestyles, ensuring clear storytelling that reflects seasonal concept ideas. Your key objective will be to design and develop creative, commercially viable products that align with the brand identity.Key Responsibilities:
The Ideal Candidate
- Design casual shirts and dress shirts, considering fabrics, shapes, prints, and colors.
- Conduct research and identify trends and techniques that align with the Tommy Hilfiger brand aesthetic.
- Translate global seasonal briefs into shirt categories.
- Possess a strong understanding of casual shirts, shirt jackets, and dress shirts.
- Adhere to the divisional calendar and meet deadlines.
- Work with the merchandising team to develop a commercial range plan each season, collaborating on bestseller management, essential products, and seasonal newness.
- Prepare sketches (2D/3D) for divisional digital presentations and ensure timely follow-up on each style.
- Digitize confirmed styles, creating clear garment worksheets of a high standard to be sent to global buying offices.
- Collaborate closely with the design team to align design aesthetics, seasonal details, and creative concepts.
- Demonstrate a strong work ethic within a team environment, effectively utilizing communication skills.
- Focus on trends in shapes, fabrics, and brand-right details for casual shirts.
- Exhibit knowledge and expertise in patterns and colors for dress shirts, working with Graphic/CAD Designers to create in-house patterns.
What You Can Expect From Us
- Bachelor Level degree (or equivalent) in Fashion Design or similar.
- Work experience: at least 3-5 years' experience in development of shirts.
- High level of understanding shirt patterns created in CAD.
- Skills: Strong knowledge in Adobe especially in Adobe Illustrator, InDesign and Photoshop. Experience using PLM systems and CAD
- Knowledge of 3D Design (eg Browzwear/ Clo3D) is a plus
- Open to work in 3D Design and digital process.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Experience of traveling to vendors for seasonal sourcing and development trips.
- Creative with new ideas, with the ability to be creative within a commercial environment.
- Highly organized with the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- A fast and organized designer to cope with the fast pace of seasons.
- High level of attention to detail needed
In the heart of Amsterdam, PVH EMEA is home to the global headquarters of Tommy Hilfiger and the European offices of Calvin Klein. We are the home to 2500 big thinkers, natural entrepreneurs, and challenge seekers from all kinds of backgrounds.
- How we support you: choose the hybrid setup and working hours that suit you, in addition to meeting-free Fridays, work from anywhere 4 weeks a year, 25 days of paid holidays, mental health days, parental leave, home office allowance, commuting allowances, employee assistance programs, and pension schemes
- Wellbeing: exclusive onsite gym and fitness classes, personal training, meditation studio, sports clubs, in-house physio, and receive access to our nutritional and wellbeing programs
- Campus: extensive food and beverage offerings, top-notch restaurant, barista coffee bars, sky bar, monthly social events, weekly Thursday drinks, game nights, and campus-themed activities that will keep your social life busy
- Develop your career: whether you lead a team or contribute your own expertise, everyone is a leader at PVH. PVH University curates and delivers training programs for you to continuously develop your professional and personal goals
- Be at the forefront: stay closely connected to our brands, Calvin Klein and Tommy Hilfiger, and be a part of seasonal market launches, sample sales and receive employee discounts!
PVH Europe and our brands, TOMMY HILFIGER and CALVIN KLEIN, are committed to fostering an inclusive and diverse community of associates with a strong sense of belonging. We believe we are bettered by all forms of diversity, and take pride in working with top talent from every walk of life and corner of the world. In the spirit of inclusivity, qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, ethnicity, ability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, nationality, race, religion or sexual orientation.