NEIMAN MARCUS GROUP
Neiman Marcus Group (NMG) has been the premier destination for luxury fashion and goods, superior service, and an elevated retail experience for more than a century. Today, 9,000 associates contribute to the success of NMG's brands: Neiman Marcus, Bergdorf Goodman, Last Call, and Horchow. There are 38 full-line Neiman Marcus stores in cosmopolitan markets across the United States and a sophisticated digital platform that attracts shoppers worldwide. Bergdorf Goodman operates two stores in landmark locations on Fifth Avenue in New York City and BergdorfGoodman.com, catering to loyal luxury customers globally. NMG also owns five Last Call stores and Horchow.com, an e-commerce site that offers premium furniture and home decor.
As an organization, NMG is on a transformational journey to become the preeminent luxury customer platform. NMG continues to deliver the best integrated customer experience and has evolved the business to succeed in the ever-changing retail landscape. NMG is a relationship business. What differentiates the organization from other luxury retailers are its unique assets: a strong store footprint, the most knowledgeable associates, an engaging online experience, solid brand partnerships, innovative digital and in-store experiences, the most loyal luxury customer base, and a strong balance sheet.
Our customers will always be at the center of everything NMG does. The company continues to reinvest in new technologies that enhance the customer experience. NMG meets customers where they are. NMG's goal is to offer customers a seamless experience across its stores, online, and remote digital selling.
NMG's priority is to develop a highly engaged and high-performing team where everyone belongs. The business attracts and retains best-in-class talent through unique offerings provided to associates in addition to standard employer benefits. These include an innovative way of working, associate discounts on merchandise, tuition reimbursement, associate hardship fund, and paid time off to volunteer, to name a few.
As part of NMG's Environmental, Social, Governance (ESG) work, the organization is focused on driving its core value of being "All Heart." NMG is also assessing its current environmental and social impact while developing a three-year plan to lead the luxury industry in its commitment and transparency to environmental and social sustainability. NMG strives to become an employer of choice, driven by a culture of Belonging. A dedicated team focuses on this journey, directly impacting how NMG conducts business throughout the workforce, workplace, and marketplace dimensions.
NMG has incredibly passionate and committed corporate and store associates. NMG offers associates an environment where everyone feels welcomed, nurtured, and empowered. Our associates are the heart of NMG. As an organization, NMG leads with love - love for customers, love for associates, and love for brand partners. Summary Statement:
The Back of House Seasonal associate is responsible for assisting with stocking and receiving functions such as managing directs, transfers, deliveries, customer mail returns, merch returns to vendors, markdowns, and processing store directed online order requests. This role manages resources and operational processes effectively and efficiently to support sales and maximize overall profitability. Responsibilities & Duties
- Executes daily store operations and support functions under the direction of leads and managers including:
- Inbound merchandise / supply receiving
- Outbound merchandise movement
- Inventory control
- Supports online sales activity via accurate and timely order fulfillment
- Supports merchandise price changes
- Follows all safety procedures on the dock and in all other work areas
Competencies Passion for People
- High School Diploma
- Motivated and results-driven
- Can follow through with direction
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- Basic proficiency with MS Office Product Suite
- Certain roles may require standing, bending, climbing stairs, and lifting and carrying up to 35 pounds
- Associates must be willing to work a flexible schedule based on business need, which will include evenings, weekends, and holidays
Passion for Business
- Collaborates with coworkers by exhibiting positivity, resourcefulness, and qualities of a team player
- Effectively communicates both verbally and non-verbally with others
- Inspires trust and dependability
- Supports daily department operations
Passion for Personal Growth
- Demonstrates perseverance and resilience when faced with business challenges or opportunities
- Prioritizes tasks and uses effective time management practices to meet established deadlines
- Completes work in an accurate and organized
- Exhibits flexibility and remains calm in a changing environment
- Continuously builds skills and knowledge through training, coaching, and career experiences
- Demonstrates a working knowledge and appreciation of the NMG business and the fashion industry
- Conveys energy and enthusiasm for NMG and personal work
- Adapts personal approach in response to diverse situations and people
- Responds to unexpected changes in work environment with creativity and resilience
- Establishes and upholds high personal standards for individual work and environment
- Maintains a customer-centric mentality versus a solely store-centric one
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of duties, responsibilities, or activities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.