We believe that difference sparks brilliance, so we welcome people and ideas from everywhere to join us in stretching what's possible.
At Tapestry, being true to yourself is core to who we are. When each of us brings our individuality to our collective ambition, our creativity is unleashed. This global house of brands - Coach, Kate Spade New York, Stuart Weitzman - was built by unconventional entrepreneurs and unexpected solutions, so when we say we believe in dreams, we mean we believe in making them happen. We're always on a journey to becoming our best, but you can count on this: Here, your voice is valued, your ambitions are supported, and your work is recognized.
A member of the Tapestry family, we are part of a global house of brands that has unwavering optimism and is committed to being innovative and wholly inclusive. Visit Our People
page to learn more about Tapestry's commitment to equity, inclusion, and diversity. Primary Purpose:
This Senior Manager position will serve as a key member of Tapestry's Global People & Organizational Development team (GPOD), enabling us to unlock the power of our people and drive success for our company and our brands, through modern organizational effectiveness initiatives that build knowledge, skills and capabilities. The Senior Manager will report to the Senior Director, GPOD, and participate in the development and delivery of Learning and OD initiatives that support Tapestry as a global house of modern luxury brands. This role is hybrid, based in 10 Hudson Yards in the office Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday. The successful individual will leverage their proficiency to... Support People Development Curriculum & Programs:
Support Organizational Development Initiatives:
- Lead and manage global leadership development program for top talent across Tapestry
- Partner with GPOD and Talent team members and HR Business Partners (HRBPs) to design solutions for corporate and store employees
- Support our current and future, large-scale and specialized, manager development programs for corporate and store teams
- Support and manage implementation of inclusion learning programs to corporate and stores, in partnership with our Equity, Inclusion & Diversity (EI&D) team
- Facilitate classroom and virtual learning sessions for individuals and teams
- Own GPOD impact measurement, reporting and dashboard
- Oversee vendor relationships for open enrollment and intact team sessions, where applicable
Collaborate with GPOD and Talent Team and HR Community:
- Support with additional GPOD initiatives, including team effectiveness or organizational design challenges, provide ad hoc leadership and team coaching where applicable
- Infuse equity, inclusion and diversity into all facets of work
- Leverage experience and best practices to design scalable programs, resources, and tools
- Measure the impact of initiatives in delivering value for the business
The accomplished individual will possess...
- Provide support, role modeling, and mentorship to more junior team members, including reviewing others' work and providing input, coaching and development
- Work with global team members to ensure alignment with People & Organizational Development initiatives; support each other in order to achieve team goals
- Develop strong relationships with Global Talent and HR Business Partners and to understand and support the business needs of Tapestry and the brands
- Minimum 5-8 years of experience in Learning & Development and/or Organizational Development and Change Management
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Working knowledge of industry trends in learning & development and organization effectiveness
- Experience with instructional design and program design and delivery
- Experience with organizational development initiatives including designing and facilitating team effectiveness interventions
- Customer-centric approach with proven consultative and collaboration skills across a variety of levels including global and cross-functional partners and senior leaders in the organization
- Strong organizational and project management skills; including ability to manage complex programs and complex organization structures, strong initiative and follow-through
- Ability to be agile and work in ambiguous environments
- Superior written, communication, influence and facilitation skills
- Global experience preferred
- Experience with inclusion and diversity learning programs preferred
- Certification in assessment tools and methodologies (such as Situational Leadership, Social Styles, etc.) preferred
- Ability to travel as needed (less than 10%)
Our Competencies for All Employees
Our Competencies for All People Managers
- Courage: Doesn't hold back anything that needs to be said; provides current, direct, complete, and "actionable" positive and corrective feedback to others; lets people know where they stand; faces up to people problems on any person or situation (not including direct reports) quickly and directly; is not afraid to take negative action when necessary.
- Creativity: Comes up with a lot of new and unique ideas; easily makes connections among previously unrelated notions; tends to be seen as original and value-added in brainstorming settings.
- Customer Focus: Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
- Dealing with Ambiguity: Can effectively cope with change; can shift gears comfortably; can decide and act without having the total picture; isn't upset when things are up in the air; doesn't have to finish things before moving on; can comfortably handle risk and uncertainty.
- Drive for Results: Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; is constantly and consistently one of the top performers; very bottom-line oriented; steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
- Interpersonal Savvy: Relates well to all kinds of people, up, down, and sideways, inside and outside the organization; builds appropriate rapport; builds constructive and effective relationships; uses diplomacy and tact; can diffuse even high-tension situations comfortably.
- Learning on the Fly: Learns quickly when facing new problems; a relentless and versatile learner; open to change; analyzes both successes and failures for clues to improvement; experiments and will try anything to find solutions; enjoys the challenge of unfamiliar tasks; quickly grasps the essence and the underlying structure of anything.
- Strategic Agility: Sees ahead clearly; can anticipate future consequences and trends accurately; has broad knowledge and perspective; is future oriented; can articulately paint credible pictures and visions of possibilities and likelihoods; can create competitive and breakthrough strategies and plans.
- Developing Direct Reports and Others: Provides challenging and stretching tasks and assignments; holds frequent development discussions; is aware of each person's career goals; constructs compelling development plans and executes them; pushes people to accept developmental moves; will take on those who need help and further development; cooperates with the developmental system in the organization; is a people builder.
- Building Effective Teams: Blends people into teams when needed; creates strong morale
and spirit in his/her team; shares wins and successes; fosters open dialogue; lets people finish and be responsible for their work; defines success in terms of the whole team; creates a feeling of belonging in the team.
Tapestry, Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and we pride ourselves on hiring and developing the best people. All employment decisions (including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, transfer, training, discipline and termination) are based on the applicant's or employee's qualifications as they relate to the requirements of the position under consideration. These decisions are made without regard to age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic characteristics, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship, disability, marital status, military status, pregnancy, or any other legally-recognized protected basis prohibited by applicable law. Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Tapestry, Inc. will provide applicants and employees with reasonable accommodation for disabilities or religious beliefs. If you require reasonable accommodation to complete the application process, please contact Tapestry People Services at 1-855-566-9264 or firstname.lastname@example.org
#LI-KS1; #LI-HYBRID Visit Tapestry, Inc. at http://www.tapestry.com/ BASE PAY RANGE $120,000 TO $140,000 ANNUALLY
Click Here - U.S Corporate Compensation & Benefit