An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced HR Advisor to support the fast paced HR team at Dover Street Market London.
In this true generalist position, the HR Advisor will act as the first point of contact for all HR queries from both office and store populations.
This role will be primarily responsible for ensuring efficient and effective HR processes are carried out to a high standard.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Taking ownership of all ER cases including but not limited to investigation, disciplinary, performance management, grievance absence management and capability
- Provide support and guidance to Managers throughout all ER processes
- Draft all letters and relevant communication thorough all cases
- Drive improvement through coaching, training, and advising on HR policies and practices
- Carry out ER based training sessions on an ad-hoc basis
- Recognise ER trends and repetitive issues in order to implement new procedures and preventative measures
- Support the L&D Advisor with probation outcomes and help to manage the process for any extension periods or probation terminations
- Ensure all employee lifecycle changes and necessary data are recorded in timely fashion ahead of each monthly payroll cut-off deadline. This includes salary changes, benefit deductions, sick pay, new starters and leavers, overtime, commission and any other monthly changes.
- Act as main point of contact for all employees in relation to payroll queries
- Update the monthly payroll report and budgets file after monthly payroll completion
- With the support of ADP, ensure P11Ds are completed
- Ensure all eligible new joiners are correctly enrolled into the pension scheme and the 3-year re-enrolment process is completed
- Manage and submit monthly pension contributions to the AEGON platform and action employee opt-out requests
- Oversee the Cyclescheme and Eyecare voucher platforms
- Assist the Head of HR with the annual salary review and bonus data
- Prepare monthly commission files for payroll
- Draft and send monthly commission and target letters
- Regularly seek opportunities for new employee benefits and complete market research on competitors to ensure in efforts to offer a competitive package
- Manage the end-to-end recruitment process for all roles across the business
- Discuss key requirements with Hiring Managers and identify any need for change with team structure or the role in question, as well as candidates profiles and must-haves
- Preparing and send authorisation forms for role approval
- Assist the Hiring Manager with updating job descriptions and setting non-negotiables and KPI’s for the sake of the hiring process and scorecard completion
- Advertising on relevant platforms and subsequently managing, shortlisting and phone screening candidates
- Booking interviews on behalf of hiring managers and ensuring feedback is received and communicated in a timely manner to the candidate
- Supporting with face-to-face interviews for selected roles and advising on brief/task setting
- Preparing and sending contracts
- Pushing the company referral scheme to employees and encouraging internal applications
Culture & Wellbeing
- Regularly review the Diversity and Inclusion and Wellbeing calendars to select key dates to organise events, celebrations and awareness/educational content to share with the team
- Be a key participant in the Belonging Committee to drive change
- Research external speakers and wellbeing based sessions to book for the team
- Engage with employees for feedback on initiatives completed and recommendations on future D&I and wellbeing topics and events
- Where required, hold wellbeing meetings and risk assessments with employees
- Coach and support managers in their conversations with employees.
- Manage the BambooHR system and conduct regular audits to ensure employee data is accurate and up to date
- Answer employees queries in relation to BambooHR
- Update org charts on a weekly basis and discuss any changes with Head of HR
- Ensure exit interview forms are being completed by upcoming leavers and regularly review exit interview data to flag trends and investigate any concerns, as well as communicating any positive feedback to relevant team members
- Keep abreast of changes and developments in relevant legislation.
- Ensure all data is managed and maintained in accordance with GDPR.
- Oversee the Purchase Order process for the HR team
- A highly professional, motivated and competent individual who is able to develop and maintain effective working relationships across all levels of the business as well as with external stakeholders.
- Discreet and respectful of working with highly confidential data.
- A total self-starter able to set the standard by their own professionalism and attitude.
- Highly organised, but nonetheless approachable and flexible outlook.
- Ability to multitask and prioritise effectively and manage own workload, adhering to strict deadlines.
- Ability to work in an extremely fast paced environment.
- Resilient, comfortable with change and ambiguity.
Skills and Qualifications
- CIPD qualified or relevant degree qualification is desirable.
- At least 1 – 2 years’ proven previous experience in HR & Payroll.
- Experience of working with BambooHR & ADP iHCM software would be advantageous.
- Previous experience of working within the retail/fashion/luxury space would also be advantageous.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint Skills.
What We Offer
- 20 days holiday plus Bank Holidays, increasing with each year of service up to 5 additional days
- A generous Clothing Allowance
- Up to 60% DSM Employee Discount
- 50% discount on all Rose Bakery food and drink
- Access to RetailTrust, our Employee Assistance Programme
- Free extended access to Headspace for mindfulness and meditation
- 24/7 Access to our VirtualGP service
- Cyclescheme and Eyecare Vouchers
The diversity of our workforce is what makes us unique, creative and connected.
As an equal opportunity employer, we work hard to ensure that candidates and employees are treated fairly. We do not tolerate discrimination of any kind. We welcome people from all courses of life - age, race, gender, sexuality, disability, and more - and strive to make everyone feel like they belong.
We review our recruitment selection criteria, hiring processes and onboarding often. The goal is to be as diverse and inclusive as possible.
Put simply: we welcome everybody, respect everyone's stories, and celebrate our differences.