The Business of Fashion is seeking a motivated and passionate Sales Development Associate to help grow our B2B partnerships across BoF Careers. With your skills in client service, account management and business development, you’ll help BoF to continue to grow our global B2B partnerships. This is an exciting opportunity to join an incredible team with the overall goal of becoming the global leader in the market for professional content and recruitment for the fashion industry.
Who Are We?
The Business of Fashion (BoF) is a next generation fashion media company conceived for today's global and hyper-connected world. Founded in 2007 by Imran Amed, BoF is known for its authoritative, agenda-setting point of view on the global fashion industry, described as “The Economist of Fashion,” “A Daily Destination for Fashion’s Power Players” and “The Industry Bible.”
Providing tools and services to support the journey through the fashion and beauty industries, including News & Analysis, Careers, and Education, BoF has grown to be an indispensable resource for fashion executives, creatives, students and entrepreneurs in over 200 countries.
Commitment to Diversity
BoF is committed to building a diverse workforce and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunities employer. All applicants and employees receive equal treatment regardless of race, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation, gender, age, disability, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity.
Commitment to Inclusivity
BoF is committed to building an inclusive environment where everyone can bring their authentic selves to work and reach their full potential within their roles using a growth mindset. We are committed to creating an inclusive culture for our employees globally.
What We Need You To Do
As an integral part of the BoF Commercial team, you’ll work closely with and support the Business Development team through a number of activities which include pre-qualification of leads/opportunities; identifying potential budget holders and stakeholders , proactive prospecting for new contacts, gathering testimonials/evidence for proposals, responding to inbound web chat inquiries
To be successful in this role, you will:
- Prospect and build a sales pipeline for the Business Development team via outbound communication
- Source new sales opportunities through lead follow-up
- Research and contact potential budget holders/decision-makers
- Pre-qualify leads and book appointments/call backs for the Business Development team
- Assign qualified leads/opportunities to the Business Development team for further development and closure
- Follow up with each Business Development team to gather feedback and agree next steps
- Contact members to gather testimonials and evidence to support sales proposals
- Act as a bridge between marketing and sales.
- Liaise with the marketing teams on campaign activity to generate leads and improve the quality of leads
- Record conversations with prospects on the CRM system for reporting purposes
- Weekly reporting, including successful calls made and challenges faced.
Who you are:
You are a passionate sales development representative on the upward curve of your career, with a background in high volume outreach, and experience in business development. Entrepreneurial, and thriving in fast-paced environments, you’re passionate about what you do, with a meticulous eye for detail and a high sense of urgency. Outside of that, you will have the following skills that will help set you up for success:
- Self-motivated and driven with strong desire to succeed Personable, approachable, responsive, and enthusiastic.
- Experience in lead nurturing, lead generation and appointment setting.
- Strong communications skills, both written and verbal.
- Effective internet research skills.
- Well organised, with attention to detail, and the ability to multitask.
- Results oriented, able to prioritise in a fast-paced environment.
- Reliable and consistent.
- An interest in, and knowledge of the global fashion industry.
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to build professional relationships naturally.
You’ll Know You’re Successful When…
- You can successfully build pipelines of qualified leads for the Business Development Team.
- You have an expert understanding of your product
- You are contributing to the Commercial team in achieving its revenue targets