Paul Smith is one of Britain’s leading independent design companies. We champion positivity, curiosity and creativity. These qualities underpin every Paul Smith design, whether it’s a shirt, a shop or a special collaboration. Reaffirming the values that Paul set down in 1970, ‘classic with a twist’ remains the guiding principle of the company. Happily positioned between high fashion and formalwear, while taking reference from both, Paul Smith has always been proud to stand apart.
We have a wonderful opportunity within our Flagship Mayfair shop as an Art & Interiors Consultant. In this role you will be responsible for overseeing the smooth running of the Interiors Department within the Albemarle St store, ensuring sales targets are met and surpassed. With a passion for art and the ability to nurture and build upon key customer relationships, this role is hugely rewarding.
If you like the sound of what you’ve read so far, find out more about our company culture and the benefits we can offer you.
• Passion for art, style, fashion and the Paul Smith brand.
• Smart in appearance and individual.
• Interest and knowledge of current trends in music, arts and culture.
• Has initiative; is motivated.
• Flexible and reliable.
• Good team member, helpful, approachable and trustworthy.
• To oversee the smooth running of the Interiors Department within the Albemarle store ensuring sales targets are met and surpassed.
• To curate and ensure the best visual presentation, store maintenance and housekeeping is kept in line with the company’s desired standard, both on and off the shop floor.
• Build upon the store’s clientele database, emailing and keeping in contact with clients on a regular basis, inviting customers to relevant events and keeping them aware of any new furniture products.
• Actively generate new business by reaching out to interior designers and other potential new clients in addition to existing clients.
• To assist the Interior Buyers with the set up/take down of exhibitions and floor moves.
• Create catalogues with photos and product information and to distribute to clients, potential clients and interior designers when new product arrives or exhibitions are held.
• Assist with moving and lifting product within the store and ensure the shipping and delivery is completed properly at all times, ensure visual presentation, store maintenance and housekeeping is kept to the company's desired standard, both on and off the shop floor.
• Provide up to date product knowledge on the Art & Interiors collection and to ensure this knowledge is shared through effective training to other staff members.
• Maximise all sales opportunities to ensure the Interiors department are meeting and exceeding all financial targets. To effectively and confidently negotiate price point with customers.
• Previous experience of selling artwork and building a client base of regular customers.
• Experience of providing excellent customer service.
• Ability to achieve weekly sales targets, excellent negotiating skills.
• Ability to build and communicate excellent product knowledge and share with team at all times.
• Ability to maintain excellent housekeeping standards.
At Paul Smith, we celebrate and encourage applications from all walks of life into our growing workforce. We are committed to empowering people from any background, belief system, or ethnicity, offering an inclusive environment where talent is recognised and valued.
PLEASE NOTE: Our shortlisting process commences once the advert is released. In some cases, a position is filled before the advert has closed - to avoid disappointment please complete your application prior to the closing date.