Broken Planet is among the fastest-growing streetwear brands in the UK. Founded in 2020 by Lithuanian-born Lukas Vikas & Indre Narbutaite, combining fashion and sustainability, Broken Planet was able to attain over 200,000 customers worldwide. Space-themed elements, earth-tone colors, and puff print detailing are distinctive Broken Planet features that make the brand unique. However, one of the most important aspects of the brand is its sustainability and ethical standards.
Exponential growth brings more opportunities as well as challenges therefore Broken Planet is looking for talented and passionate individuals to join the team.
Our London Head Office is based in Hackney Wick, a vibrant and creative area, which is growing rapidly and is soon to be one of the fashion hotspots in London.
Broken Planet is looking for an experienced and confident graphic designer/illustrator to join its rapidly growing team in East London. Working closely alongside the social team and with management, the chosen candidate will be responsible for designing consistent and engaging content from concept to completion whilst also bringing new and innovative ideas to the table, making sure to stay aligned with the brand’s identity.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Design/produce compelling and creative graphic materials according to briefs set by the creative teams and management with the core focus on the website and social channels. (Instagram, TikTok, Youtube, Pinterest & Email).
- Experience in mood boarding ideas and concepts to then present to management and the wider creative team.
- Responsible for creating material such as print and invites for partnerships and brand collaborations – with a focus on co-branded logos, packaging, and general graphics that could be required.
- Provide assistance to Photographers where applicable e.g. assisting in the post-production editing.
- Deliver powerful creative work and continually push the boundaries.
- Ensuring that all graphic material aligns with the brand identity and vision.
- Attending weekly social/marketing meetings to make sure the above goal is reached.
- Maintain awareness of current industry and technology standards, social media, competitive landscape, and market trends.
- Be innovative with setting your own tasks and notice what graphics need updating/changing unprompted.
- The sole responsibility for the safe and accurate saving of all graphic assets on relevant systems and drives.
- Responsible for recording and communicating brand templates/guidelines within graphics (font, colour, size, etc).
- Empowering the wider business to use the tools and processes which can help a smoother running of the department’s workload.
- Procreate (iPad can be provided) PREFERRED
- Adobe Software (Animate, Illustrator, InDesign & Photoshop) PREFERRED
- A willingness to take creative risks with innovative content whilst staying close to brand identity.
- The ability to work in a fast-paced environment, manage multiple workflows and deliver within demanding deadlines.
- Good understanding of the Broken Planet demographic and customers.
- Honest, direct and comfortable in giving and receiving constructive feedback.
- Alongside technical skills, you will have a creative vision and relentless drive to produce outstanding work that reflects the brand.
- A keen eye for detail and engaging content.
- Good communication skills with an adaptable and professional approach.
- MUST be London-based.
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive salary.
- Free Broken Planet items.
- 33-day holidays per year plus holiday trading.
- Hybrid working arrangements.
- Young, driven and forward-thinking team.
- Company sick pay entitlement.
- Regular office social events.
- Company laptop/iPad can be provided.