Let's Take It On
Assistant Merchandiser - Product
At Next, we're not only one of the UK's largest fashion retailers. We're also one of the largest listed companies, full-stop. We sell our products and thousands of world-famous brands, both in-store and online. What's more, we're growing. Fast. And it's the kind of growth and investment that is exciting for everyone in our business.
Let's talk numbers. When it comes to UK retail, it's hard to find a bigger name. We sell thousands of items an hour and are expanding our e-commerce business by the second. For anyone in Merchandising this is the place to learn. To grow. And to thrive.The Role...
Do you love trends and talking to people all over the world?
Would you like the opportunity to travel globally with your job?
Are you passionate about analysis, trading, managing stock, and relationship development?
Would you like to be able to manage your own product area(s)? This is incredible experience to gain if you are looking to progress to Merchandiser level.
We are looking for amazing people who can interpret data and use this talent to work with our Buyers and Designers to build and trade trend driven product ranges for our customer.
NEXT are recruiting for an Assistant Merchandiser in the Childrenswear team!
So what does this mean day-to-day for you as an Assistant Merchandiser at Next?
- Helping Merchandisers formulate proposals for range structure by collating and analysing best seller, attribute and market information together with new trend and design direction
- Presenting in formal selection and trade meetings
- Appraising previous season, departmental and supplier base performance to propose new objectives and strategy for future seasons
- Building successful working relationships with suppliers
- Planning and reviewing capacity, production, and fabric reservations
- Accurately maintaining merchandise systems so supplier contracts are confirmed on time, and sizing, forecast sales, returns rate, component lead times, trigger dates and intake phasing are all correct
- Guiding trainees through their development programme, and managing their daily tasks and activities
- Controlling spend by managing trigger dates, reviewing open to buy, backing fabric and capacity, reviewing ranking to optimise sales, and always keeping one eye on critical cut date
- Monitoring in-season performance and taking action to maximise profitability and improve sales
You'll be doing all this from our Leicestershire Head Office. A fast-paced, encouraging and supportive environment where we never underestimate what we can do. So bring your energy, play to your strengths and never shy away from change. Push yourself, and back others. And make things happen that will be bigger and better than before.
So if you're customer-focused, self-motivated, driven and organised, have a keen eye for detail and know how important strong communication is to successful teamwork, this is the place the for you - and your career.The Benefits...
We'll discuss more of what you'll get when you work for Next at interview, but here's an overview of what you can expect:
- Profit-related bonus
- 25 days holiday and the opportunity to buy more
- Contributions into a pension scheme
- Life assurance
- Sharesave scheme, which allows you to invest in Next and claim your share of our success
- A fantastic restaurant, coffees shops and juice bar
- On-site nursery (salary sacrifice scheme) in Leicester
- Staff shop
- Free parking on-site, including car sharing
- Free company bus service to and from Leicester city centre and other areas
- 25% staff discount on most Next products - either in our stores or delivered directly to your desk
- National and local discounts on goods and services
- A digital GP healthcare service
You know Next, but did you know we're a FTSE-100 retail company employing over 43,000 people across the UK and Ireland. We're the UK's 2nd largest fashion retailer and for Kidswear we're the market leader. At the last count, we have over 500 stores, plus Next Online and it's now possible to buy online from over 70 countries around the world.