Innovative, uncompromising, romantic, provocative, upholding the power of emotion and the touch of the human hand: these are all elements that describe the fashion of the house of Alexander McQueen. The brand is synonymous with modern British couture, renowned for its strong identity and celebration of unbridled creativity. Integral to the McQueen culture is the juxtaposition between contrasting elements: femininity and masculinity, fragility and strength, tradition and modernity. Under the creative direction of Sarah Burton, the house produces critically acclaimed collections, driven by unparalleled vision and respect for craftsmanship. Burton was made Head of Design for womenswear in 2000 and was appointed Creative Director in 2010. The luxury brand was founded by Lee Alexander McQueen in 1992. Among the greatest fashion designers of his time, the legacy of his work lives on.
The Store Director has the mission to lead their stores, drive the business, manage and motivate their team and create a unique client experience to reach sales goals and optimize productivity.
The Store Director reports to the Director/ Vice President of Retail. How you will contribute:
Sales Objectives & Targets
- Aim to exceed all sales targets set by the Company and at the very minimum ensure that all targets are met by constantly building and maintaining a strong client base
- Analyze sales figures and CRM activity to develop immediate & long-range goal plans. The Store Director is also expected to devise and execute strategies for sales generation in order to meet monthly goals, including; sales associates & team incentives.
- Oversee in-store promotional displays and client events, liaising with visual merchandising and press department where necessary
- Maintain awareness of local & luxury market trends and monitor local competition activity
- Attract, recruit, develop, retain, engage and build relationships with local and VIP clients; works closely with the PR department and coordinates events
- Demonstrate sales leadership for staff by playing an active role on the selling floor, with VIC/VIP relationships
- Proactively seek out opportunities that benefit the business, pioneering and trialing initiatives in conjunction with the Brand
- Build a network of people who have an impact on local and international Luxury business to develop brand loyalty (especially with Top Clients and VICs)
- Act as a Brand Ambassador in terms of image and personal impact within store and across the retail network
- Actively champion and drive change in line with brand strategy
Store Standards and Client Care
- Liaise with your team, other relevant colleagues, and clients in order to identify and resolve urgent issues
- Showcase exemplary client service and resolve client situations diplomatically, whilst abiding to all Alexander McQueen policies
- Adhere and reinforce the brand’s visual merchandising guidelines
- Ensure best possible management of stores upkeep and maintenance, surveying and highlighting any necessary building work, cleaning & other action is undertaken
- Attend seasonal shows & collection presentations in Milan & Paris for main purposes of regrouping with retail team & attaining in-depth product knowledge and awareness of new brand developments
Manage Store Operating budgets
- Manage store operations in the most effective way whilst minimizing costs through; headcount and operating costs including; couriers/postage/ alterations & any other outsourced work
Managing Stock Control
- Review seasonal orders with sales associates to ensure full merchandise potential to buying office
- Business recap with sales associates focusing on sell through
- Oversee store staff in order to ensure that they adhere to inventory management guidelines/practices; stocktake & consignment procedures & policies
- Overview of all VIP & Special requests between sales associates & Retail buying office
Who you are:
- As the key member of the management team, the Store Director must lead and motivate staff by being a role model and setting an exceptional example to all staff
- Identify performance issues and manage them informally, seek advice from the HR department where necessary. Where concerns need to be raised formally, work with HR to ensure the Company’s obligations are met to make sure a fair and consistent processed is followed.
- Take ownership of the recruitment process, to include seeking authorization to recruit, sourcing candidates and conducting interviews
- Conduct in-store training including; coordinating the induction of new staff into the store, product knowledge; sharing information gained from the collection presentations and identifying members of staff who require further attention to ensure that their knowledge is to the high standard we require
- Carry out yearly appraisals for all staff, following the Company’s procedure and providing constructive and comprehensive feedback, as well as setting individual objectives for development
- Understand staff’s training needs and liaise with the HR Department to develop ways to implement those training needs
- Regularly update staff on business performance, and new initiatives
- Develop and convert into practical application, the knowledge and skills related to techniques, processes, laws, procedures, policies, equipment and products necessary to do the job effectively and efficiently
- Monitor sickness and other absences such as holiday and maternity leave, ensuring appropriate cover is provided, limiting the use of agency staff
Why work with us?
- At least 3+ years of experience in a managerial position
- Experience within luxury retail and/or service preferred
- Ability to effectively create, manage and adhere to deadlines
- Familiar with key retail performance indicators
- Adaptable, a sense of openness, active listener, and compassionate
- Advanced organizational skills, writing and communication skills
- Expertise in Microsoft Office 365 Suite
- Comfortable and savvy with computer technology, including PC and iOS devices
- Travel approximately 10% of the time
- Ability to lift 25+ lbs.
This is a fantastic opportunity to become part of a dynamic sales team with a visionary brand that offers possibilities to learn and grow. Talent development is a managerial principle at Kering and we are committed to fostering internal mobility. Our common vision promotes leadership skills and helps every employee to reach their full potential in a stimulating and fulfilling workplace environment.
Kering is committed to building a diverse workforce. We believe diversity in all its forms – gender, age, nationality, culture, religious beliefs and sexual orientation – enriches the workplace. It opens up opportunities for people to express their talent, both individually and collectively and it helps foster our ability to adapt to a changing world. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we welcome and consider applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of their background. Annual Salary Range:
$150,000 - $180,000