Ralph Lauren Corporation (NYSE:RL) is a global leader in the design, marketing and distribution of premium lifestyle products in five categories: apparel, accessories, home, fragrances, and hospitality. For more than 50 years, Ralph Lauren's reputation and distinctive image have been consistently developed across an expanding number of products, brands and international markets. The Company's brand names, which include Ralph Lauren, Ralph Lauren Collection, Ralph Lauren Purple Label, Polo Ralph Lauren, Double RL, Lauren Ralph Lauren, Polo Ralph Lauren Children, Chaps, among others, constitute one of the world's most widely recognized families of consumer brands. At Ralph Lauren, we unite and inspire the communities within our company as well as those in which we serve by amplifying voices and perspectives to create a culture of belonging, ensuring inclusion, and fairness for all. We foster a culture of inclusion through: Talent, Education & Communication, Employee Groups and Celebration.
The Senior Analyst, Planning & Optimization is responsible for analyzing and tracking inbound product flow & inventory. This person is responsible for collectively working with transportation, production, account services and DC operations teams to assist in inbound forecasting/prioritization, DC inventory forecasting/reporting, identifying upcoming challenges, and suggesting ways to mitigate.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
* Position Responsibilities:
* Collaborate with a broad range of partners (Account Services, Production, Supply Chain, Transportation, DC operations) to understand the overall supply demand needs and make recommendations as needed
* Work with all NC plants to fulfil the campus product flow and transportation services guidelines
* Produce and deliver inventory reports calling out forecasted peaks
* Align with business on inventory movements
* Lead storage initiatives to align with business requirements
* Identify product at risk for expedited freight from factory needs.
* Recognize gaps within reporting and provide solutions
* Serves as a subject matter expert for product flow & inventory providing guidance to colleagues
* Translate reporting requirements/needs into analysis for technical approach (data sourcing, methodology, specifications and documentation)
* Provides testing support for key Business Intelligence technology change management initiatives.
* Examines and evaluates purpose and content of business reports to develop new, or improve existing, format, use, and controls.
* Ensures all analytical and reporting processes are well documented and cross-trains colleagues in all aspects of role.
* Provides back up for transportation services needs
* Identifies and takes action on risks and opportunities to meet fiscal goals and support business strategies
* Knowledgeable of supply/demand matching process and recommends specific actions to minimize risk
* Maintains a current and strategic view of industry best practices for Supply Chain Planning & Optimization. Core Competencies:
* Exhibits strong leadership capabilities while demonstrating a positive and professional attitude even in stressful situations
* Ensures all voices are heard and champions new ideas & approaches
* Executes efficiently anticipating obstacles that may impact the business and takes action
* Develops and maintains positive and professional relationships with internal Business Partners to consistently provide highest level of service and ensure customer satisfaction
* Escalates potential areas of risk and realized operational issue to Sr. Management with root cause and business impact analysis.
* Understands the strategic and financial goals of the division and how their role impacts those goals.
* Understands how to effectively prioritize assignments and tasks with a focus on continual development to increase skill sets required to meet Ralph Lauren business objectives
* Develops strong understanding of business-specific process and operating requirements specific to RL Divisions
* Consistently drives process improvement and identifies process/system enhancements that drive increased value and operating efficiency gains
* Consistent, timely, thorough, and professional communication with business partners
* Results driven, motivated to exceed team and personal goals, with the ability to take on additional responsibilities
* Demonstrates good judgment, accountability, and best interests of the company when making decisions
* Effectively collaborates well in a team environment providing support for colleagues
* Provides support for or leads additional, independent projects that arise within the business, providing requested results and suggestions for future actions in expected timeframe
Experience, Skills & Knowledge
* Direct experience with SAP is preferred
* Direct experience with data & BI technologies is preferred (Microstrategy, Qlik, Tableau, SQL)
* Transportation & DC operations knowledge preferred
* Good understanding of relational data models is preferred
* Mastery of Excel to include advanced formatting, pivot tables, V-look up function, formulas and macros is required
* Experience with analyzing and sourcing business data from PKMS is preferred Education and Experience preferred:
* Undergraduate Degree Preferred
* A minimum of (3) three years of business-related experience or Retail experience preferred