About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea-that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms-is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our teamis made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.About the Role
The Category Strategy & Network team sits in the Gap Inc. Sourcing organization and is responsible for ensuring Gap Inc.'s end-to-end product sourcing networks are fit for the future. The team operates in a highly matrixed organization across multiple brands and product categories, supporting Gap Inc. Sourcing leadership to make effective and data-driven decisions while taking into consideration supply chain risk, resilience, responsiveness and leverage.
The Senior Analyst / Analyst role is crucial for the success of the team. Network planning involves structuring and analyzing complex underlying data to understand our current supply chains and how to reconfigure country networks across raw materials, finished goods and suppliers to deliver future success. The Senior Analyst / Analyst will be at the forefront of creating data analytics which will identify opportunities, improve processes and drive decision making across the Sourcing organization. The role will partner with multiple functions across the organization and participate in project teams that work on a diverse scope of initiatives.What You'll Do
Who You Are
- Provide data analytics using complex data sets to understand business insights and create visibility to enable decision making
- Extract, transform and visualize data from a variety of applications, systems and tools (e.g. PowerBI)
- Evolve, scale and streamline dashboard reporting to meet increasing complexity of analytical needs
- Create and own governance reporting to measure delivery of KPI measures
- Partner and coordinate with cross-functional teams to capture data requirements and build enhancements into backend data systems to address business needs
- Support ad hoc analysis and special projects within Gap Inc. Sourcing as needed
- Assist in preparing management presentation documents and support in presenting findings to all levels of management
- Build relationships and effectively partner across varied functions to influence change
- English verbal and written communication skills
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Excel and strong aptitude to learn technical applications quickly
- Proficient in MS Office Suite
- Ability to organize and prioritize workload to meet deadline
- Flexible and adaptive to changing priorities
- Demonstrate strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to learn and become subject matter expert quickly
- Highly motivated; demonstrates a "can-do" approach in being proactive with work assignments
- Experience in a dynamic organization with experience and exposure to sourcing strategies
- Ability to interact with senior leaders and demonstrate a professional presence
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we've been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the seventeenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2021 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the fourth year in a row.