Ralph Lauren Corporation (NYSE:RL) is a global leader in the design, marketing and distribution of premium lifestyle products in five categories: apparel, accessories, home, fragrances, and hospitality. For more than 50 years, Ralph Lauren's reputation and distinctive image have been consistently developed across an expanding number of products, brands and international markets. The Company's brand names, which include Ralph Lauren, Ralph Lauren Collection, Ralph Lauren Purple Label, Polo Ralph Lauren, Double RL, Lauren Ralph Lauren, Polo Ralph Lauren Children, Chaps, among others, constitute one of the world's most widely recognized families of consumer brands. At Ralph Lauren, we unite and inspire the communities within our company as well as those in which we serve by amplifying voices and perspectives to create a culture of belonging, ensuring inclusion, and fairness for all. We foster a culture of inclusion through: Talent, Education & Communication, Employee Groups and Celebration.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Key Responsibilities Strategic Assortment Planning:
• Prepare weekly reports analyzing GCSEA's performance from multiple business angles, such as topline sales, sell-through, productivity of brands, quality of sales, by season, by categories, by stores, top/worst sellers etc...
• Partner closely with Buying teams to strategize assortment plans whilst balancing between commerciality and creativity. Identify volume drivers that need to be protected and suggest fashion-forward styles to be assorted for story-telling purposes.
• Suggest markdown strategies to mitigate inventory liability whilst upholding corporate's brand elevation goal. Local Knowledge/Expertise:
• Act as an efficient and reliable liaison between stores and Allocation teams. Manage deliveries are sent to stores in an organized and timely manner. Thoroughly check model stock of every style has sufficient qty to optimize sales and support VM's presentation. Ensure all reasonable VIC requests are fulfilled swiftly.
• Participate in regular walk-thrus to understand nuances in demographic/shopping behavior/trend across various stores. Based on learning, assort stores accordingly to achieve sell-through targets.
• Stay in tuned to competitors' pricing and merchandising strategies. Based on findings, identify product and price increase opportunities. Deliver Omni Channel:
• Coordinate with Ecom teams to ensure product launches are aligned with stores' delivery schedules.
• Lead and partner with cross functional teams to devise assortments for key online promotions, such as Double-11, 6/18 etc... Key Administrative Duties:
• Create-your-Own program: Maintain accurate data master for external vendors to leverage.
• Partner with Brand Image and Operations teams to finalize uniform looks. Compile orders from cross-functional teams before submission.
• Conduct regular stock consolidation to maintain healthy inventory level across all stores.
• Follow up with cross functional partners to check seasonal price change is reflected accurately, defective product issues are addressed and acknowledged, aged inventory has exited all stores.
Experience, Skills & Knowledge
• 3-4 years of experience (ideally in womenswear)
• Fluency in English and Cantonese is a must
• MUST be highly organized and detail oriented
• Demonstrates interest and appreciation in product designs and commercial market trends
• Able to communicate in a calm and professional manner under stress, build relationships with cross functional teams
• Defend a business argument persuasively in both one-on-one and group settings
• Demonstrate integrity and accountability