SWIM USA is the premiere designer and manufacturer of women's swimwear located in Nazareth, PA. We are 85 years young and seeking a dynamic and experienced Pattern Maker to join our team.
Job Summary: The Pattern Maker must be able to take swimsuit design from first pattern to final production.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- To translate a design sketch or vendor technical package into a fitted garment at the highest quality level using fit models and dress forms.
- To execute the pattern and sewing construction for mass production, in an efficient and cost effective manner.
- To create/ oversee building of technical package for patterns they create.
- To meet all pattern deadlines based on priorities set by product managers, internal and vendor calendars.
- To communicate with agents/factories regarding any pattern or sewing questions.
- To review grading of patterns and specs for spec accounts.
- To attend fittings of factory samples and communicate verbally comments to technical designer for sending to the factory.
- To create and build sloper libraries and tech package templates.
- Mark patterns with correct information.
- Be able to meet deadlines.
Education: High School or equivalent, Bachelor's degree in Fashion Design, or Associate in pattern making.
Experience: 5+ years hands on working experience as a Pattern Maker, The patternmaker will need Gerber system experience as well as some PLM experience (YPLM experience preferred).
- Computer knowledge of pattern technology
- Computer knowledge of basic computer skills
- Knowledge of physical draping preferred
- Knowledge of fundamental skills in pattern making
- The ability to communicate clearly to sewers, manufacturers, and vendors
- Knowledge of working with swimwear fabrics is preferred
- The ability to understand the risk of decisions and how they affect the production process
- Create alternative solutions to designer/customer
- The ability to be a technical resource to design team and Product Manager
- The ability to relay fit comments to Associates when necessary
- The ability to consider the fabric used for swimwear and evaluate fit
- Knowledge of illustrator is preferred
Working Conditions: In office, at least 3 days per week. May require additional days in the office depending on season and workload or scheduled fittings.
- Must be able to stand, sit, and walk 8 hours/day
- Vision requirements correctable to 20/20 vision
SWIM USA is an EOE