About the Team
We in Product Technology are the starting point for every single item that is on sale either in our stores or on our website, and our suite of bespoke applications are the platform for making this happen.
Our application suite ensures that our; Buyers, Merchandisers, Designers, Technologists, and Product Coordinators have what they need to take fashion inspiration and make it a reality! About the Role
Working with us would mean exposure to new technologies and ways of working, getting involved in driving change and ultimately providing our customers with the very best of service. Like all departments, we have challenges with some legacy applications and 'older' code languages but who doesn't love a good challenge?
We can promise you a fast paced environment that is never dull and the freedom and support to express yourself to come up with new initiatives. If you want to suggest a new way of working, an improvement to an application or try a new technology...go for it!
In this role, you'll manage the support team's incidents and requests, ensuring that these are dealt with in a timely manner whilst measuring the effectiveness of the team and managing the proactive initiatives to improve systems and processes.
Our people are special and so you will spend a lot of your time ensuring the environment and culture they operate in is top notch, as we want our people to flourish, progress and make a difference and you will be a key part of that! In fact you will be responsible for Support Developers, people who are able to work coded wizardry in the most high pressure environments!
There are flexible working options available with this role, including hybrid working Criteria
- Previously line managed in a technical environment
- Passion and experience for carrying out effective one to ones with their people
- Is able to have challenging and difficult conversations with their team to ensure our people grow and mature
- Is comfortable speaking with people of all levels, whether that be key stakeholders, senior management or another department
- Seeks to make improvements in existing processes as well as being able to spot the gaps where something needs to be implemented
- Can have a conversation and help provide structure in technical discussions, particularly when looking to restore service
- Is able to multitask whilst effectively delegating duties and responsibilities
- Can understand, follow and enforce Service Management processes including Incident, Change and Problem Management
- Has previously been in a position to resolve issues to restore service, preferably from a technical resolution perspective
- Keen problem solver!
You know Next, but did you know we're a FTSE-100 retail company employing over 35,000 people across the UK and Ireland. We're the UK's 2nd largest fashion retailer and for Kidswear we're the market leader. At the last count we have over 500 stores, plus the Next Online and it's now possible to buy on-line from over 70 countries around the world! So we've gone global!About some of our Benefits
- 25% off a huge selection of Next, Lipsy & Victoria's Secret products
- Company performance based bonus
- Sharesave scheme
- On-site Nursery available; OFSTED outstanding in all areas
- 10% off most partner brands & up to 15% off Branded Beauty
- Early VIP access to sale stock
- Access to fantastic discounts at our Staff Shops
- Subsidised restaurant, coffee shop and juice bar
- Access a 24/7 digital GP and other free health and wellbeing services
- Free on-site parking