The position will perform duties in both the general accounting and accounts payable areas. Duties will
include preparing and posting of journal entries, reconciling balance sheet accounts and posting of
accounts payable invoices. Candidates must be within reasonable commuting distance of the Mumu
Warehouse/office in Commerce, CA.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES
- Prepare and post monthly journal entries.
- Month end reconciliation of various balance sheet accounts.
- Posting of accounts payable invoices, including working with authorized department signers on coding and approval issues.
- Assist in the weekly check runs.
- Suggest ways to improve efficiency and spending.
- Identify controls which can be implemented to improve the internal control environment.
- Support month-end and year-end close process.
- Participate in supporting the outside auditors.
- Manage the company credit card program with Wells Fargo.
- Ad hoc projects.
- Other duties as assigned
- Experience as a senior accountant.
- Proven hands-on experience on performing all processing functions in accounting
- In-depth understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Experience with Full Circle.
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year-end close process.
- Advanced MS Excel skills including VLOOKUPs and pivot tables.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail and accuracy.
- Excellent verbal, written, communication, and collaboration skills.
- Comfortable working in a small team environment and willing to pitch in where ever help is needed.
- Apparel Industry experience a plus.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Minimum four years’ general ledger and accounts payable work experience
- Bachelors in Accounting or Finance
- Flexibility with regards to job responsibilities
- Knowledge with MS Office applications including Word, Excel and Outlook
- Able to work and think independently as well as part of a team.
- Excellent follow-through and attention to detail
- Excellent listening, communication, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions, correspondences, and memos.
- Ability to write correspondence.
Show Me Your Mumu is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider for employment all qualified candidates without regard to race, color, age, religion, national origin, sex, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.