Innovative, uncompromising, romantic, provocative, upholding the power of emotion and the touch of the human hand: these are all elements that describe the fashion of the house of Alexander McQueen. The brand is synonymous with modern British couture, renowned for its strong identity and celebration of unbridled creativity. Integral to the McQueen culture is the juxtaposition between contrasting elements: femininity and masculinity, fragility and strength, tradition and modernity. Under the creative direction of Sarah Burton, the house produces critically acclaimed collections, driven by unparalleled vision and respect for craftsmanship. Burton was made Head of Design for womenswear in 2000 and was appointed Creative Director in 2010. The luxury brand was founded by Lee Alexander McQueen in 1992. Among the greatest fashion designers of his time, the legacy of his work lives on. Your opportunity
You will be involved in all aspects of garment construction of the Men's RTW Alexander McQueen Collection, supporting the design/product development and production teams, from prototyping to manufacturing. You will manage technical aspects from sizing to faults, in order to optimize the garment making and to ensure the products conform to targets. How you will contribute
Who you are
- Identify any changes, optimization and special requirements between sampling and bulk industrialization.
- Manage suppliers/external services, giving technical information needed for collection development, including technical specification documents and finishing indications.
- Propose the correct process to ensure the best results at lower prices.
- Participate actively in production fitting, in order to oversee the sizing and testing of the garments pre-production and upon production.
- Make sure the most appropriate construction methods are used.
- Follow up and control work progress for the entire process, working closely with external suppliers.
- Detect any critical issues during any sampling or production phases and intervene promptly in the resolution of any technical trouble regarding the making of the garments.
- Be responsible for technical specification documents sent by external services (material, size specs, etc.).
- Perform in-line inspection to ensure that products comply with specifications.
- Carry out and deliver the final inspection of bulk production to the manufacturers before shipment to the warehouse.
- Analyze product returns and faults.
Why work with us
- You have several years of experience in a similar role that has allowed you to develop and consolidate a good technical competence on the MRTW product.
- Deeply informed about manufacturing processes and garment construction, with a focus on menswear products.
- Highly knowledgeable about textile properties.
- You have experience in coordinating a small team.
- You are a good team player, problem solving oriented.
- Able to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Willing to travel in Italy and abroad.
- Fluent in Italian and English, both written and spoken.
This is a fantastic opportunity to become part of a dynamic team with a visionary brand that offers possibilities to learn and grow. Talent development is a managerial principle at Kering and we are committed to fostering internal mobility. Our common vision promotes leadership skills and helps every employee to reach their full potential in a stimulating and fulfilling workplace environment.
Kering is committed to building a diverse workforce. We believe diversity in all its forms – gender, age, nationality, culture, religious beliefs and sexual orientation – enriches the workplace. It opens up opportunities for people to express their talent, both individually and collectively and it helps foster our ability to adapt to a changing world. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we welcome and consider applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of their background.