Gap has always been about optimistic American style. Starting with our very first store on Ocean Avenue in San Francisco, opened almost 50 years ago by Doris and Don Fisher. The thread that's run through those five decades is the phenomenal people that make up our brand - our employees and our customers. People who are rooted in the legacy that makes Gap what it is, but who are also focused on the future. People who want to leave the world better than they found it.
We've built our brand on staying true to our roots while always being out in front of what's next. If you want to be part of an iconic American brand, and help lead the way for where we're headed, we'd love to have you join us.About the Role
In this role you will be responsible for providing HR business partnership that results in an engaged workforce and a more productive business. You will be responsible for supporting people strategies, overseeing all day-to-day HR activities for the clients, providing thought leadership to these organizations and associated Leadership Teams, developing and executing talent management and change management strategies in partnership with key Gap Inc. HR solution centers (Talent Management, Employee Relations, Recruiting, Total Rewards, etc.) to deliver results against the people strategies.What You'll Do
Who You Are
- Provide thought leadership and consultation/support on people and organizational issues: collectively, directly and through matrix management throughout the organization, leveraging resources, programs and tools to achieve desired outcomes
- Actively participate with the Leadership Teams, advising on people and organization impact of business plans and decisions; ensure that change and transformation plans are established and effectively executed
- Identify and implement strategies which improve employee engagement year over year, as measured through the continuous listening process;
- Drive talent management and succession planning activities within the business
- Partner with talent management to anticipate and support Gap's business strategy by identifying and developing efficient learning solutions to meet job performance and business skill needs
- Gap HR Field lead in developing a skills-first strategy for large scale employee development initiatives
- In partnership with talent management, execute succession planning for field focused on critical roles, developing talent maps and driving follow-up development plans and actions
- Identify talent gaps and strategies to proactively address them
- Proactively partner with the business and HR partners in Talent Acquisition and Learning & Development to develop strategies to strengthen or fill gaps, as needed, to ensure a ready now talent pipeline; identify and deploy appropriate retention strategies to promote organizational stability
- Lead and develop a team to support effective execution of all objectives, and enable professional development and career growth for team members; build cross functional partnerships and consensus
Benefits at Gap
- High level of comfort with most HR disciplines (employee relations, compensation, benefits, OD, talent management, talent acquisition)
- High level of personal and professional integrity and ethics (authentic, compassionate, genuine and honest); good communicator; good listening skills and problem solver)
- Strong business orientation, drive for results, and desire to win
- Ability to assess relatively complex situations and analyze data to make judgments and recommend solutions
- Sound knowledge of concepts and procedures specific to own subject area and a basic understanding of the procedures in other relevant areas
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five "on the clock" hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee's base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. In 2022, we were recognized by Forbes as one of the World's Best Employers and one of the Best Employers for Diversity.
Salary Range: $117,000 - $169,600 USD
Employee pay will vary based on factors such as qualifications, experience, skill level, competencies and work location. We will meet minimum wage or minimum of the pay range (whichever is higher) based on city, county and state requirements.US Candidates
Please note that effective, June 30, 2022, Gap Inc. will no longer require any of its employees to wear face masks or require proof of COVID vaccination, unless required by local or state/provincial mandates or as part of Gap Inc's quarantine guidelines after being exposed to or testing positive for COVID. Therefore, please disregard any language in any job posting that refers to Gap Inc.'s face mask and proof of vaccination policy as said policy is no longer effective.