We are looking for a strong editorial styling lead (all genders) for the “Stories at Zalando” creative team, an editorial team collaborating with Highsnobiety on a new inhouse ‘magazine’ whose main focus is to inspire and attract the more fashion forward segment of customers to the website, mainly focusing on high end designer assortment and streetwear, as well as sports and beauty.
You will be working on creating and executing stories from ideation to execution. taking part in a transformational shift in how we release, elevate, and provide context around our most exciting brands and assortment to our Zalando audiences, whilst leading a team.
This highly collaborative role requires editorial styling and leadership experience - either in-house at a fashion/culture magazine, an agency or on a freelance basis. We are looking for a strategic and creative thinker who can create engaging visual style direction and execute them while inspiring the team they lead to do the same alongside the creative director.
INCLUSIVE BY DESIGN
At Zalando, our vision is to be inclusive by design. And this vision starts with our hiring - we do not discriminate on the basis of gender identity, sexual orientation, personal expression, ethnicity, religious belief, or disability status. You are welcome to leave out your picture, age, or marital status from your application. We only assess candidates on their qualifications and merit.
We want to provide you with a great candidate experience. Feel free to inform us of any accommodations you may need, so we can best support you throughout the hiring process.
do.BETTER - learn more about our diversity & inclusion strategy and Our employee resource groups
WHAT WE’D LOVE YOU TO DO (AND LOVE DOING)
- You are a natural leader who sees the big picture and is passionate about teaching, inspiring and supporting those you lead.
- You can multitask and work on multiple projects at a time while having an overview of your team’s projects.
- You use your outstanding skills to find best-in-class ways to execute briefs from ideation to execution in collaboration with art directors, staff writers & editors based on strategy
- You have outstanding time management skills.
- You come straight from the industry and can implement industry practices into a structural business while making sure the creative is never compromised.
- Help Zalando to speak more inspirationally to customers and bring our ambitious strategic consumer and brand positioning objectives to life.
WHAT WE EXPECT FROM YOU
- You have a good eye for style and have a deep understanding of current and upcoming trends.
- You are upbeat and fashion savvy.
- You are confident, straightforward & direct.
- You know how to give and receive feedback and act on it promptly.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- You have a degree in fashion or similar, and/or you have experience in editorial styling.
- You have 5+ years of experience as a contributor in a relevant fashion magazine, or a high fashion house and experience in leading a team.
- Strong interest in fashion, communication, campaign strategy and social media. You are an innovator and have a solid future-forward outlook.
- A natural doer! Your work showcases your quick thinking and proactive attitude, managing your workload to tight deadlines and with flexible planning in a calm way. For this, we would love to see your portfolio of work.
- Enjoy working in a fast-changing, international environment. You are a dedicated team player, open, positive, flexible and professional.