At Burberry, we believe creativity opens spaces. Our purpose is to unlock the power of imagination to push boundaries and open new possibilities for our people, our customers and our communities. This is the core belief that has guided Burberry since it was founded in 1856 and is central to how we operate as a company today.
We aim to provide an environment for creative minds from different backgrounds to thrive, bringing a wide range of skills and experiences to everything we do. As a purposeful, values-driven brand, we are committed to being a force for good in the world as well, creating the next generation of sustainable luxury for customers, driving industry change and championing our communities.
Responsible for managing Burberry Americas high-profile construction initiatives, driving technical excellence in concept development, balancing fiscal responsibility in execution with a continual understanding of store merchandise planning, space and fixture allocation.
• Develop and maintain close partnerships with external consultants and vendors - architects, engineers, suppliers
• Launch projects with Burberry Studio, manage development process and maintain budget
• Review design development drawings and manage approvals with internal business partners
• Review Construction Documents for conformance to Burberry standards and budget expectations
• Manage Bidding Phase, reconciliation with approved Capex and scope adjustments as necessary to align with budget
• Travel to job sites during critical phases. Manage punch list with architect and consultants to ensure proper delivery
• Partner with Burberry Studio in development of details critical to execution
• 5-7 years' Project Management experience with Luxury Store Planning or Construction projects of 5,000 - 10,000 square feet
• Facility with forecasting project schedules including understanding of regional permitting requirements, construction document production, construction sequencing, dependencies and other major factors and milestones affecting duration
• Knowledge of standard construction costs and regional differences
• Ability to forecast costs in parallel with evolving design ideation to meet target goals
• Ability to travel 25% of average work month
MEASURES OF SUCCESS
• Development of critical internal cross-functional partnerships
• Maintain Project Budget within 5% of target Capex
• Deliver project as forecasted and scheduled
• Execution of project in line with design and operational expectations
Burberry is an Equal Opportunities Employer and as such, treats all applications equally and recruits purely on the basis of skills and experience.
• Expected base salary for the role will generally be between $125,000.00 and $145,000.00 per year at the commencement of employment. However, base salary if hired will be determined on an individualized basis and is only part of the total compensation package, which, depending on the position, may also include commission earnings, discretionary bonuses, short and long-term incentive packages, and Company-sponsored benefit programs.
• This position is at-will and the Company reserves the right to modify base salary (as well as any other discretionary payment or compensation program) at any time, including for reasons related to individual performance, Company or individual department/team performance, and market factors.
Posting Notes: USA || New York (US-NY) || New York || ARCHITECTURE || AMERICAS - ARCHITECTURE CONSTRUCTION || n/a ||