At Burberry, we believe creativity opens spaces. Our purpose is to unlock the power of imagination to push boundaries and open new possibilities for our people, our customers and our communities. This is the core belief that has guided Burberry since it was founded in 1856 and is central to how we operate as a company today.
We aim to provide an environment for creative minds from different backgrounds to thrive, bringing a wide range of skills and experiences to everything we do. As a purposeful, values-driven brand, we are committed to being a force for good in the world as well, creating the next generation of sustainable luxury for customers, driving industry change and championing our communities.
Provide Commercial Finance support to key stakeholders for the Americas driving retail business performance, productivity & profitability, and identifying commercial risks and opportunities.
• Support the Finance Manager in driving productivity & profitability across the Americas business
• Support the Finance Manager on Capex appraisals modelling for Americas
• Produce timely and accurate Budgets and Forecasts for Americas Retail & Digital sales & opex
• Produce timely and accurate weekly/monthly reporting including insight and analysis in trends and KPIs
• Produce results and reporting on key KPIs monitoring stores performance
• Support Finance Manager to provide business cases for store investment and complete post investment review
• Develop a strong & trusted partnerships with shared services team (BBS) seeking efficiencies in month end activities and transactional reporting.
• Produce ad hoc analysis and support to key stakeholders as appropriate
• Support Finance Manager, Finance Director and CFO as appropriate
• Finance and/or Accounting degree
• Partly Qualified/Newly Qualified Accountant
• Retail experience beneficial
• Strong communication skills - written and oral
• Commercial outlook
• Excellent Excel Skills with modelling experience
MEASURES OF SUCCESS
• Completion of budget/forecast process within the dedicated timeframe to a high level of accuracy
• Robust and timely month end close including appropriate detail for key drivers
• Timely, accurate and relevant reporting, insight and analysis
Burberry is an Equal Opportunities Employer and as such, treats all applications equally and recruits purely on the basis of skills and experience.
• Expected base salary for the role will generally be between $115,000.00 and $125,000.00 per year at the commencement of employment. However, base salary if hired will be determined on an individualized basis and is only part of the total compensation package, which, depending on the position, may also include commission earnings, discretionary bonuses, short and long-term incentive packages, and Company-sponsored benefit programs.
• This position is at-will and the Company reserves the right to modify base salary (as well as any other discretionary payment or compensation program) at any time, including for reasons related to individual performance, Company or individual department/team performance, and market factors.
Posting Notes: USA || New York (US-NY) || New York || FINANCE & OPERATIONS || COMMERCIAL FINANCE || n/a ||