Love, Bonito is a digital-first company on a mission to empower the everyday Asian woman and inspire self-confidence. We are the leading direct-to-consumer womenswear brand, headquartered in Singapore, with an omni-channel presence across Indonesia and Malaysia, a retail franchise in Cambodia, and are fast expanding into international markets namely Hong Kong SAR China and United States of America.
Founded in 2010, we are proudly female-founded with more than 70% female representation across our organisation, leadership and STEM roles (#girlpower!). We raised a US$50M Series C round in 2021 and know that we’re on the cusp of something great, where we’re working towards becoming the most thoughtful brand globally, for the Asian female consumer, especially when it comes to our products, community and experiences.
There’s a lot more work to be done with all of our exciting plans. So we’re looking to team up with people who are wildly passionate about making an impact and be part of a dynamic team, in a workplace with no corporate BS (yes, you read that right!).
You will have a front row seat in impacting women across the globe through our design. You will be responsible for managing the creation for all Love, Bonito’s collections, seeing the collections through from initial researching, sketching and tech packs to the finished product. You will play a pivotal role in the growth and development of Love, Bonito as we develop our Design Department for internationalization and scale.
Most importantly, you will have an unparalleled opportunity to disrupt the consumer and retail industry, and elevate Love, Bonito from top Singapore brand to a global women’s fast fashion empire.
You should have / be
- A strong entrepreneurial spirit, self starter, extreme initiative and ownership
- A knack for problem solving with an ability to think ‘out of the box’; highly adaptable and flexible and ability to adjust and refine when the need arises
- A genuine curiosity to know how things work and how to make them better
- Solid technical know how
- A thoughtful and creative designer
- Solid design knowledge, sensibilities and ability to translate concept into execution
- Exceptional communication skills and ability to lead direction of a project across cross-functional teams
- User-centric, thoughtful approach to gathering insights and solving for customer needs
- Understand the market, targeted customer personas, and good design principles through research, store visits and customer studies
- Create products that fulfill our brand mission of being modern, relatable, and of good quality & value
- A good eye for fashion, upcoming trends and spotting what resonates with consumers
- Produce technical drawings, with the ability to create detailed tech packs with accurate measurements
- Partner with other designers in creating seasonal color stories, initial fabric and trims selections
- Actively participate in fit sessions, working with live models and giving comments to suggest fit changes
- Plan project timelines according to production and development days
- Track and monitor relevant product development calendars
- Maintain an organized archive of all tech packs and fit samples
Qualifications & Experience
- Relevant work experience in a Fashion Design / Technical Design role
- International, overseas experience is a plus
- Excellent knowledge of Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator
- An impressive portfolio which demonstrates creative, thoughtful design through a variety of projects
- Effectively bilingual in English and Mandarin
- Diploma/Degree in Fashion Design or relevant work experience
1. Flexible Work Arrangement
- Work from anywhere*!
- Hybrid work and adjustable hours - as long as present during our core working hours
2. Staff Wellness
- Comprehensive corporate insurance (Fully covered visits at our panel clinics, Dental coverage, Maternity reimbursement)
3. Learning and Career Development
- Learning and development (i.e. subscription plans to best-in-class resources, personal development fund etc)
- Dedicated leadership training for those of managerial responsibilities
- Friday pm off for learning
4. #TeamLB perks
- Generous staff discount off LB products
- Corporate partnerships with a variety of companies
- Welcome to #TeamLB swag and store gift cards (get your LB work outfit on us!)
- Employee driven peer-to-peer recognition platform to honour and celebrate everyday achievements
- Internal Referral programme