Ralph Lauren Corporation (NYSE:RL) is a global leader in the design, marketing and distribution of premium lifestyle products in five categories: apparel, accessories, home, fragrances, and hospitality. For more than 50 years, Ralph Lauren's reputation and distinctive image have been consistently developed across an expanding number of products, brands and international markets. The Company's brand names, which include Ralph Lauren, Ralph Lauren Collection, Ralph Lauren Purple Label, Polo Ralph Lauren, Double RL, Lauren Ralph Lauren, Polo Ralph Lauren Children, Chaps, among others, constitute one of the world's most widely recognized families of consumer brands. At Ralph Lauren, we unite and inspire the communities within our company as well as those in which we serve by amplifying voices and perspectives to create a culture of belonging, ensuring inclusion, and fairness for all. We foster a culture of inclusion through: Talent, Education & Communication, Employee Groups and Celebration.
This role is the primary point of accountability for the effectiveness and efficiency of all instances for specific applications, Retail Allocation. As a Technical Manager of Information Technology, you will administer technical design and coding of modifications or enhancements to the existing system. You will also analyze modifications or enhancements to determine the impact on existing production systems. Additional responsibilities include managing the design, development, implementation, documentation, and maintenance of assigned program(s) or system(s) and ensuring that both the business needs of the functional department and goals are met. You will be responsible for quality control and ensuring the performance, integrity, and reliability of the systems.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
• Technical knowledge of integrating Allocation platform with other systems within company application topology
• Experience working with onshore and offshore reporting environment.
• Work with other business analysts and/or team leads, developers and internal applications personnel to implement enhancements or enable new functionalities.
• Experience in Retail and/or Fashion processes is a plus.
• Hands-on support for Batch process management via Control-M scheduling platform Act as the key liaison between IT and Business community to ensure business end users can perform their jobs efficiently and effectively.
• Responsible for system documentation, configuration, testing and support.
• Identify process and system gaps and map to appropriate business enhancements.
• Capture and document business, functional and technical requirements, procedures, and specifications
• Conduct regression analysis to identify any configuration and/or custom solutions to ensure proper conversion, migration, and integration.
• Provide user support as well as Production batch support via Incident Management process.
• Design best in class customizations/solution by understanding the business requirements with a good understanding in inventory management application in liaison to sound technical background
Experience, Skills & Knowledge
• Proficient technical skills working with SQL in Oracle databases in latest versions 12c+).
• Programming experience (PL/SQL, shell and/or windows batch scripting)
• Proficient in SQL Tuning and batch Performance
• Expertise in Shell scripting with UNIX/LINUX
• Proficient in Microsoft Office tools, including MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Project and Visio
• Bachelor's degree in IS or IE preferred.
• A minimum of 6 years of experience in in package software implementation Technical/Functional role; retail industry preferred.
• Experience in Allocation systems, specifically with depth and breadths design, construction, testing and implementation, as well as need variables.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills; strong interpersonal and organizational skills
• Proven ability to manage project tasks and timelines to successful completion.
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
• Ability to work independently, with accuracy and attention to detail.
• Capable of working in fast paced environment with competing priorities
• Experience working on global initiatives across businesses.
• Advanced math skills and the ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form. Mandatory Requirements
• Application & Infrastructure Skills
• SQL, PKMS, SAP
• AS400 iSeries: SQL, EDI
• Allocation, Core Merchandising, Finance, Supply Chain, Price Management, Demand, Replenishment, PKMS
• Defect and Feature Tracking: JIRA