Work Location: This position will require travel around Italy but predominantly in and around Vicenza and Valenza
Responsible for final jewelry quality contol of finished good
merchandise at suppliers sites. Ensuring that all products received are of acceptable quality and compliant with all Tiffany & Co. quality standards and specifications as outlined in the Merchandise Vendor Manual and/or specific product Critical Requirements Document or specification.
Responsible for processing of supplier shipped purchase orders by completing all systematic processes within JD Edwards system in regards to the Quality processes.
Maintain average or better units per day for inbound quality control inspection and product evaluations, taking into consideration projects and special assignments.
Support and implement supplier quality and development initiatives improving product quality. Support quality issue resolution, root-cause finding and follow up the corrective actions. Perform on-site Audits, provide Audit Feedback to support continuous improvement opportunities for all suppliers.
In a constant process of continuous improvement, participate, support and traning the suplliers daily, hand to hand with Global Quality, ESO & EUGDC.
Participate in all departmental training.Key Accountabilities: Finished Goods Inspections
- Coordinate and perform the Jewelry quality inspection and control of finished good merchandise on-site at external suppliers locations.
- Support quality inspections on site
- Follow appropriate sampling plan based on quality sampling rules.
- Maintain average or better units per day for inbound quality control inspection and product evaluations, taking into consideration projects and special assignments.
- Record quality control data into JD Edwards Quality Management system and maintain accuracy and completeness of the data entry.
- Responsible for Return to Vendor process for non-compliant merchandise.
Travel within the region is required (60-90%)Identify and report quality issues and Continuous Improvement
Inventory Control within QA Functions
- Support root cause investigation initiatives that would be led by the QA Manager, Supplier Quality Engineer or by the Suppliers themselves.
- Follow the effectiveness of corrective actions via the quality inspection data and escalate any quality issue without delay.
- Assist with virtual product quality reviews with supplier and design teams to develop and improve supplier quality.
- Utilize Tiffany & Co.'s Quality Assurance tools, and software as needed.
- Work with suppliers to improve development, processes, tooling, inventory control and flow of products throughout the supplier's production phases.
- Create audit schedules, perform audits and provide suppliers with opportunities for improvement.
Support New Product Development Processes
- Perform supplier merchandize receiving function in Tiffany & Co. locations and/or remotely at external supplier facilities validating the receipt of acceptable product into Tiffany & Co. systems.
- Responsible for the systematic movement of product.
Partner with Lifecycle QA team in NY on new products during their development phases.Support New Product Development Processes
Partner with Lifecycle QA team in NY on new products during their development phases.Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree
- 2 years Quality Assurance experience
- Jewelry knowledge
- Proficient in English; written and oral
- Proficient in MS Office tools; Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- Strong communication skills interacting with internal and external stake holders
- Ability to be flexible and manage changing priorities; must have a strong sense of time management
- Highly organized
- Graduate Gemologist and/or Graduate Jeweler
- Work experience in JD Edwards or other enterprise system(s)