At On, Tax Accounting provides a great platform to add true value and contribute to the success of the world's fastest growing sportswear brand. As the Tax Accounting Manager, you will be accountable for all tax related activities, specifically direct tax related activities including preparation of tax reports, ensuring tax compliance, and assisting with audits. You will lead the tax team for North America and have the opportunity to shape the future of the tax function to support the growth of the region, in collaboration with the Zurich headquarter team. This role embodies a variety of projects and tasks as well as the opportunity to bring new and innovative ideas to the team. A successful Tax Accounting Manager will bring their exceptional organizational skills, knowledge of best-in-class practices, critical thinking skills and relentless attention to detail to ensure deadlines are met. Come join and grow with us at On!
This role is located in Portland, OR for a hybrid work environment.
- Ensure timely preparation and execution of corporate tax compliance for our companies in the U.S. and Canada, in partnership with internal and external partners.
- Prepare quarterly tax reports and reconcile tax accounts and related schedules, including deferred tax assets and liabilities.
- Assist in IRS and state tax audits.
- Provide support in related areas, such as ESG or payroll tax matters, property and sales tax.
- Contribute to a culture of compliance and efficiency - Identify tax saving opportunities, advise key stakeholders of impacts of tax liabilities, new laws and discoveries.
- Participate in risk management, controls and compliance processes.
- Partner with the Finance team and cross-functional business partners to ensure efficiency and accuracy of information.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or related field preferred
- 4-6 years of relevant tax experience in similar accounting role; Big 4 experience a plus
- Experience working with U.S. inbound companies (foreign parent) and/or IFRS a plus
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Excellent Excel skills and ERP (SAP, D365, etc.) experience
- Strong leadership skills with experience in developing and leading high-performing teams
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with aptitude in building relationships across all organizational levels
- Exceptional detail orientation and process mindset
- Ability to read, speak and write English fluently; French a plus
Meet The Team
Join us as part of the forward-thinking and action-oriented Americas Finance team, aiming to be our speedboat's backbone and the advanced navigator. We constantly strive to challenge the status quo, to drive growth and to shape tomorrow's best practices by thinking differently, acting cross-functionally, and making use of the latest technology. In order to deliver controlled and durable growth, the team brings an entrepreneurial and results-driven mindset combined with strong analytical and hands-on execution skills.
What We Offer
We offer a dynamic, challenging and sportive environment that has been ranked as the 'fastest growing sports company' of its time. With offices across the globe, we are an international team who is hungry to innovate and build something incredible. We foster an active environment where each individual thrives for excellence and can achieve their full potential. This is where your work matters, you're hands-on and your team members are amongst the very best in their respective disciplines and fields.
If you are driven to bring On to the next level, curious about the opportunity and want to be part of our growing team send us your application, and join the ONiverse!
On is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to creating a work environment that is fair and inclusive, where all decisions related to recruitment, advancement, and retention are free of discrimination. We are requesting that you provide sensitive demographic information such as gender identity and race/ethnicity to help us ensure that we are creating equitable and fair experiences for all potential future team members. You are not required to provide this demographic information and this information will in no way impact your eligibility for hire.