At Burberry, we believe creativity opens spaces. Our purpose is to unlock the power of imagination to push boundaries and open new possibilities for our people, our customers and our communities. This is the core belief that has guided Burberry since it was founded in 1856 and is central to how we operate as a company today.
We aim to provide an environment for creative minds from different backgrounds to thrive, bringing a wide range of skills and experiences to everything we do. As a purposeful, values-driven brand, we are committed to being a force for good in the world as well, creating the next generation of sustainable luxury for customers, driving industry change and championing our communities. JOB PURPOSE
Founded in 1856 by Thomas Burberry, Burberry is a global luxury brand with a distinctly British attitude. We are a global business with an extensive network of both owned and franchised stores across EMEIA, Asia Pacific and Americas. We are digital pioneers, and innovative technology underpins every aspect of our business, from product design to distribution and marketing. We believe that modern luxury means being socially and environmentally responsible; this mindset is core to our business and key to our long-term success.
The role is part of Burberry Business Services (BBS) organisation based in Leeds, United Kingdom.RESPONSIBILITIESDelivery
- Preparation and execution of RTR transactions for Finished Goods Inventory and other general ledger journal types
- Reconciliation of RTR Inventory balances
- Preparation of RTR Inventory reports
- Support processing of bi-annual Retail Stocktakes across EMEIA and Americas
- Support RMX Database administration completing requests from the business in a timely manner
- Support wider UK&I and Opex team with compliance, reconciliations and ad-hoc queries
- Month end processes:
- Journal preparation and execution
- Reconciliation and confirmation of specific balance sheet accounts including sub-ledger accounts (e.g. AR, VAT, Inter-company)
- Completion of half year and year end additional financial information
- Preparation of analyses and support for internal and external audit requirements, liaising with the auditors and colleagues across the business as required
- Responding to a significant number of ad hoc queries, and analysis as required, prioritising work effectively to ensure that these queries are responded to on a timely basis
- Ensuring compliance with the Group Policies, including operating of internal controls over financial reporting
- Role may require work on some weekend/public holidays during half year and year end periods and stocktake periods.
- Apply understanding of assigned accounting processes to identify gaps and propose continuous improvement measures
- Work closely with the process owners, colleagues and managers to understand root causes and represent process procedures, practicalities and exceptions.
- Proactively seeks feedback from fellow team members and other internal and external customers, and uses this to inform future delivery of services.
- Part-qualified accountant or willing to start studying for an accounting qualification.
- SAP training and certification is a plus.
- Accounting role within a large, listed, multinational company is a plus.
- Worked within a multicurrency environment; understanding the impact of movements in exchange rates on reported results is a plus
- Experience of BPC, an advantage.
- Experience working in an accounting team in a Shared Service environment is a plus.
- Requires good understanding of IT systems and processes.
- Can provide evidence of working collaboratively with peers.
- Good Excel skills with experience of working with large data sets.
- Ability to build strong relationships, both with the wider Finance team and throughout BBS.
- Works well as part of a team and is willing to help others within the team.
- Keenness to develop and learn new skills.
- Can do attitude to work and ability to work to month end deadlines.
- A capability to build the role and adapt to changes in the working environment.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Observes corporate policies and business values.
- Thinks conceptually and identifies and addresses future challenges and opportunities, often in an ambiguous environment.
Burberry is an Equal Opportunities Employer and as such, treats all applications equally and recruits purely on the basis of skills and experience.
Posting Notes: United Kingdom || Not Applicable || Leeds || FINANCE & OPERATIONS || FINANCE SHARED SERVICES || n/a ||